I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Team Shenanigans (Encounters)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Team Shenanigans (Encounters) Empty
PostSubject: Team Shenanigans (Encounters)   Team Shenanigans (Encounters) Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Okay, so, I'll probably draw up a few different teams for this with varying builds, but this is the one that will rule the tournament. The party build is simple and effective, and everything is about as maxed out as you can get without genuinely minmaxing it. I'll be adding all the party members over the course of the next couple of days, but basically the layout's gonna be dual shield wielding Abraham Lincoln (sorry, he's not a sorcerer), Fisty O'Punchtown, An effectively eighteenth level caster, and a healer that is your worst nightmare. And the other guy. I'm not sure what he's gonna be yet. Possibly a Bard. Maybe a Druid. Or possibly something else. We'll see.

Tank (Pro Tip: Just a regular tank. So long as there's a healer near by, he's indestructible, but without a healer he's not all that great. His focus is on armour and hitpoints, as a result he isn't very fast. Use that to your advantage. There's nothing else particularly special about this guy. I guess I should probably warn you, don't let him charge you.)
Spoiler:

Spellcaster AoE (Pro Tip: This is a spellcaster's worst nightmare. You'll see why. If you can pull him into a melee one on one, you stand a good chance against him, but even then he can hold his own pretty well. I probably wouldn't pit anything other than the team's tank against this guy, personally. Although psionics would make a good technique to combat him too. Taking this guy on with a divine spellcaster is party suicide.)

Spoiler:

Healer (Pro Tip: As far as healing goes, Psions aren't very powerful. They are, however, reliable. More importantly, they're diverse. She may not look like it at first glance, but she's probably the best tank, DPS, skill class and buff class in the party. She also makes a mean AoE if need be. Ironically, probably her weakest ability is the healing.)

Spoiler:

DPS (Pro tip: If you see this guy, unload everything you have on him. I mean it. Like, the others are all pretty awesome, but this guy's tactic is hit and run, and he can do it better than damned near any other tenth level build. He runs faster than a horse, and hits harder than a bear, and more often than a Thri-kreen. And some of the skills he has are ridiculous. If this guy had wings, he'd be invulnerable. However, he rolled shitty hitpoints, so you should be okay)

Spoiler:

Summoner (Pro Tip: This character's kind of a wild card for me. The first four are all things I was fairly certain would work well, but I really wasn't certain what to make the fifth character. Talking to a few people I got lots of suggestions to throw a second striker in there, but that's because most people don't get party balance. What it came down to was, the party lacked a summoner and a buff, either of which it could work without, but either of which would improve things substantially. I decided to go with a Hitter/Summoner cross, since my Egoist can function fairly well as a Buff class, meaning the party only really missed one thing. The part that makes this a wild card was going with an Avenging Druid. I've never played Barbarian before, and Avenging Druid is basically somewhere between Barbarian and Druid. So, yeah. This may turn out terribly, screw over the party, and get swapped out after the first battle. Or it might wipe everyone out in the first round of combat, and go on to form its' own team of Avengers. Who knows? Basically, treat it as you would any wild card. Avoid it, and try and put it in a position where it's close to your enemy.)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Dylanmous Nailo on Mon May 14, 2012 7:09 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Team Shenanigans (Encounters) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Shenanigans (Encounters)   Team Shenanigans (Encounters) Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 3:02 am

Dire Bat Hitpoints(+12):
Trollface carried out 4 launched of one d8 :
1 , 4 , 2 , 1

Dire Bat Trick - Guard

Dire Bat's Name: Steve

Psicrystal (Defigo)

Size/Type: Diminutive Construct
Hit Points: 33 (1/2 master's)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), climb 20 ft.* Flight 60ft
Armor Class: 20 (+4 size, +2 Dex, +4 Level), touch 16, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-17
Attack: —
Full Attack: —
Space/Reach: 1 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Construct traits, hardness 8, psicrystal granted abilities
(improved evasion, personality, self-propulsion, share powers,
sighted, telepathic link)
Saves: As master’s saves
Abilities: Str 1*, Dex 15*, Con Ø, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: Climb +14*, Listen +6, Move Silently +6, Search +2, Spot +6 - Otherwise as master's.
Feats: Alertness
Owner
Level Natural
Armor Adj.(Inc) Int Adj.(Inc) Special
1st-2nd +0 +0 Alertness, improved evasion, personality, self-propulsion, share powers, sighted, telepathic link
3rd-4th +1 +1 Deliver touch powers
5th-6th +2 +2 Telepathic speech
7th-8th +3 +3 —
9th-10th +4 +4 Flight
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk

Team Shenanigans (Encounters)
Page 1 of 1