I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's A Fiasco!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

It's A Fiasco! Empty
PostSubject: It's A Fiasco!   It's A Fiasco! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:28 am

So, I've been discussing with Lyndan how much I wanna start a game of Fiasco, and I figured, why not just do it? It doesn't actually require a DM, I don't need to do any setup, just gather people and go from there. So, who'd be up for it? If enough people are actually interested, we can run it rotating people in and out, or even just run multiple games at a time, whatever seems best to people. =3
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

It's A Fiasco! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's A Fiasco!   It's A Fiasco! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 5:41 am

Since Orga and Lyndan have both opted in, I figured we'd start with a three man game, and other people can join in next time if they're interested.

So Setup time!

The Basics Of The Setup:
Choose a Playset.
Roll a bunch of dice into a central pile.
Develop a web of Relationships and Details.
Create characters attached to those Relationships and Details.
Put all the dice back into a central pile.

The first part of this game is simple. Choose a Playset (a setting). This is gonna be fairly restrictive for the minute, 'cause it makes sense to use a core setting, since there are tables for dice rolls for them in the handbook, and I don't really feel like custom writing charts. It's pages 61-100 in the handbook (if you don't already have a copy, I'll send you one next time you're online). My automatic reaction is to go for the Wild West one, because cowboys are awesome. But it's really up to you guys. =P

Next, we roll a pool of dice. It equates to four each, but since we all pick from the same pool of numbers, I'ma roll them all now to save time and effort. =P
Trollface carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
2 , 2 , 3 , 5 , 1 , 4 , 6 , 1 , 5 , 5 , 1 , 3

^Those numbers are what we'll use in this next phase. Bare with me. =P

So, next phase actually sets the scene. Once we're agreed on a playset, we'll take it in turns (starting with Lyndan, then Orga, then myself. Age before beauty =P ) to allocate a dice to one of the following relationship sections:
Lyndan-Dylan
Dylan-Orga
Orga-Lyndan
With more people in the game, it would only be with the person you were next to in order, so you realise.
Each pairing gets one Relationship (decided by the number on the dice. But, of course, you can pick any dice still in play for it. Once a dice has been given to someone, it's out of play).
Each relationship gets one Detail (as above).
There must be at least one Need, Object and Location in play. Other than that, the remaining dice (there should be three left after that) can be anything. For simplicity, we're gonna play Honouring the Last Die. (If you don't know what that means, don't worry, you don't need to. Just counteracting an ordinary rule which I didn't state. Everything you need to know is above. =3 )

Got it? No? Don't worry, I'll walk you guys through it as we go. Or go read the handbook. Your choice.

So yeah. First thing's first. Setting. Discuss (from the list in the book please =3 )!
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Lynderp
White Stain
Lynderp

It's A Fiasco! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's A Fiasco!   It's A Fiasco! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:28 am

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomtooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooown!
Because cowboys are awesome. =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's A Fiasco! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's A Fiasco!   It's A Fiasco! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's A Fiasco!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I Wanna Cast a Spell... :: The Back Room-
Jump to: