I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Empty
PostSubject: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:46 am

Aaaand now for the Werebear.
As with Zak's, roll to see if you can actually perceive anything of your surroundings! Spot and Listen, of course.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:52 am

Let's do this!

Spot (+3)
Trollface carried out 1 launched of one d20 :

Listen (+3)
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:42 pm

You find yourself in your little hermit house, just outside the city, sitting at the window while a stew boils over your nice, cozy fire. Normally, you'd live in the monastery with the rest of the monks, however what with your rather unpredictable abilities, you opted to stay in a home somewhat nearby the complex, but far enough away that you'd not harm them. You hear a faint roaring sound, and out through the window you see a group of massive black shadows tearing through the sky...Headed straight for the monastery.

What do you do?
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:45 pm

With neither a second thought, nor a word, Berwyn makes a run towards his beloved monastery. There are not many large flying creatures out there, and none of them are overly friendly. He must protect his brothers!
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:54 pm

You arrive at the monastery after the creatures do, unfortunately, and find that the creatures attacking appear to be black shadows flying everywhere in the airs above. Even more unfortunately, the main doors appear to be locked from the inside, and as you can hear the fighting shouts of your compatriots inside, you dont figure they'll be able to help you much. You do know that there is a way inside, however, if you could only find it
What do you do?
And as well, roll luck.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Luck roll.

Rather than wasting my time searching for secret entrances, I do the only truly sensible thing... I rip my shirt off, turn into a giant bear, and attempt to break the doors down.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:59 pm

XD

Roll STR.

Oh and your house burns down 'cause you didn't put out the fire cooking your food.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Well, that's how it goes. I'm a hermit, it's really just a hut anyway.

Strength roll. (+10)
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:33 pm

You valiantly attempt to break down the doors, but even in the form of a mighty bear, the gate holds strong against your onslaught.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:35 pm

Naturally I keep on pounding on the doors. This will most likely be the fastest and safest way through.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:38 pm

XD
Roll STR again, then.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:39 pm

(Still +10)
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:45 pm

The door quickly decides that getting wailed on is no longer a opportune idea when its a bear-monk doing the wailing, and with one last, swift blow with your bear-claws the door crashes to the ground. Inside, you see your Monk Brothers fighting off what look to be humanoid shadows, which they almost consistently seem to strike and consistently deal no damage to.
Roll Spot.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:50 pm

Dammit! I have bad eyes!
Spot(+3)

If my eyesight isn't good enough, perhaps my scent ability will be? I get automatic scent on things within, I think ten yards, in bear form? And there's a DC for anything further away. Just, y'know, since that'd be much more successful than me trying to see things, most likely (this is where I roll a twenty obviously).
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:56 pm

Your apparently poor eyesight immediately becomes sharper, clearer, and you can even see the individual wisps of smoke that make up your shadowy(and due to your newfound awe-inspiring sight, decidedly incorporeal) enemies. And lying between them and you is a black-bladed weapon sticking out of a wall in the passageway that leads to the main grounds where most of the fighting is being done. Upon the hilt of the blade lies a sphere of glass, like a marble with a smoke infused within. It seems to slightly move, but you decide that must be a trick of the light; couldn't POSSIBLY have actually moved...Could it?
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:03 pm

While not usually a lover of possessions, this weapon seems far too intriguing for even a hermit to pass up. Berwyn leaps forward, in a single motion changing into his hybrid form and grabbing the weapon, attempting to remove it from the ground!
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:24 am

>> << YaybelatedcontinuationofCampaign?

The blade easily removes itself from the ground, and in your mind you instantly hear,"Hey, boss! Down here. You wouldn't happen to be one of these monk guys, would you?"
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:36 am

Berewen looks down, taking note of the thick cockney accent emanating in his head, not getting the reference for one second, since Michael and Shard never really had any contact, due to Michael's untimely death. =P
Fixing the fourth wall in one swift movement, Berewen attempts to say "used to be" in a gruff, low voice. Being in hybrid form, this came out as more of a "Grrrrrrrrrrr..."

Also, can I make a knowledge check on what the smokey whispy thing is?
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:51 am

If you have any ranks in Knowledge(Religion), then sure.

"OoooooK, then, guess I shouldn't have expected much of an answer." he/it responds, the smoke-looking stuff seeming to shift within to face you.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 1:02 am

He doesn't speak bear? I'm shocked! ^_^

Knowledge(Religion) (+4)
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 1:12 am

You think they look dark and brooding. Anything other than that, however, you have no idea. Anything else?
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 1:21 am

Can I get a rough idea for a layout of the monastery, and its' hierarchy? Just, y'know, so I can figure out what I actually plan to do, instead of just running about waving a sword at things. =P
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 1:14 pm

Uhm probably a good idea. I would give you a nice fancy layout thingy like you often do, but one this is your solo so its not gonna be a giant dungeon and two I dont have anything to make it out of, soyeah, description time it is!

From what I gather from whats been posted, you are currently in a hallway with a broken down door behind you, leading outside. Going forward leads to the courtyard, where the battle is going on(to the best of your knowledge, anyways, which assumes that the creatures have only made it there). The corridor is...Lets say 20 feet long, with you about halfway through to the courtyard. There are four doors in this hallway, which you recall are stairways leading up higher into the monastery itself.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:48 am

And the hierarchy? Also, do I recognise any of the monks voices, or if I can see them from here, do I recognise any of them?
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:07 am

Uhm...Uh...Er...I hadn't thought that far, actually. I...Suppose its led by a Abbot...and...Er...Yeah I have no idea other than that. XD
However, you do recognize a few of the voices. Mostly in screams of pain or grunts of attacking, so you can't quite place them, but you still recognize them as familiar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next