I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:03 am

In that case, I run headlong into danger without thinking twice, to protect my fellow God fearing monkeys men of the cloth. =D
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:20 am

Arright, roll belated Iniative.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:28 am

Been playing this character for like, nine months now, and I still had to look up his initiative modifier. =P

Initiative (+7):
Trollface carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:29 am

"How about a nineteen? Does a nineteen work for yah?" - Wil Wheaton on the subject of rolling a nineteen.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:40 am

Nameless Mook No.1:+7 Unit
Hiro carried out 1 launched of one d20 :

Nameless Mook No. 2: +6 Unit

Nameless Mook No. 3:+8 Unit
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:41 am

...Yeah, yeah looks like it'll work for ya. XD Yer move
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:49 am

Awesome! I'm gonna charge in headlong without thinking, and make a Flurry of Blows against the dark whispiness then! ^_^

I'll let you do the DM think, but so you know basically what that entails for me without having to go look it up, Berewen gets two attacks per round, one of which he can declare as a flurry of blows which at the current level, gives me an additional attack within that attack (so whereas I normally have two attacks a round, I would have three). In my hybrid form, I get one weapon attack and one bite attack for each attack (or two claw one bite, or if I have two weapons then two weapon one bite).
So, unless the darkness has a prepared action (assuming that the monks it's attacking are flanking it and it therefore doesn't get an AoO on me), you basically want to ask me to roll to hit nine times.
*Totally didn't just meta-game that or anything*
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:57 am

. . .Weeeeeell in that case, um, poor, poor wispy darkness stuff. Can you choose separate targets for it?
And yeah roll your ungodly amount of hits. Poor Mook.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:11 am

That starts to get complicated. Flurry of blows and your multiple attacks per round can both be on separate targets, but the blows within that (in my case, the weapon attack and bite attack) have to be on a single target.

Okay, so I'm gonna choose the second attack to be the flurry of blows. That way I even out the chance to hit a little, rather than just going for the highest possible value on the first attack. It makes total sense! =P

Weapon(+11+8+2=+21):

Bite(+11+8=+19):

Flurry of blows:

Weapon(+6+8+2+10=+26):
Trollface carried out 2 launched of one d20 :
11 , 20

Bite(+6+8+10=+24):
9 , 13

Plus what ever Shard's stats add on to that.
And, since I'm a monk, don't forget that my natural weapons (ie bite) get treated as magic weapons for the purpose of damage reduction. So assuming these things can be damaged by magical weapons, that bite totally lands.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Berewen is a level five. Who gets six (not nine, sorry, my bad math there) attacks a round, five of which are over +20 to hit. *Bows*
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:12 am

Double critical. Did I mention, I am totally frigging awesome?
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Aquarius Posts : 1187

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:16 am

That whisp is fucked.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:19 am

Crap. I forgot I could use Stunning Fists too. Oh well, I'll save that for the followup, if it survives. =P
Back to top Go down
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton
I Had Dylan's Babies For Dinner!
I Had Dylan's Babies For Dinner!
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:50 am

Jesus fucking shit dude ._.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Aquarius Posts : 1187

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:54 am

Now what'd really be funny is if that whisp was incorporeal and his attacks did nothing ^_^
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:00 am

Like I said, my natural weapons are treated as magic for the purpose of damage reduction. Which, in normal person speak, means I can hit the incorporeal. And pretty much everything else that is normally resistant to physical attacks. ^_^
They can also be treated as a variety of other things if I want, just in case we come across something with magic resistance.

Also, at some point, I get minor teleportation abilities for being a monk. And the ability to turn incorporeal. Have I mentioned how OP monks are before?
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:18 am

Sorry I know I dont play this game but JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.
Sweet build, Dylan.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:26 am

Thanks. ^_^

I... kinda like monks. I don't know if I mentioned this.

Note, Hiro pointed me in the direction of werewolf lords, which would make this build so much stronger. It could also do with a lot of optimisation on the stats (I built his human form as a tank too, because that's what he felt like he should be like, but it would make more sense to have low physical attributes, and a fuck load of points in wisdom for the AC bonus). You could also make him a werebear lord, in principle, too. I'm sure you can find some other crazy powerful creatures to make into lychanthropes too, but let's be honest, as a bear he's got a to-hit range of 19-26 on the mods. How much more are you gonna need than that? ^_^

Like I said, I really need to stop metagaming.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Arright roll yer ungodly damage, and say if its all going to a particular Mook or all of them indiscriminately like the bearnado you are.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Distribute it evenly between them, me thinks. What do you want me to roll for damage for Shard? Also, I assume they all hit?
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:57 am

Sorry for belatedness, I keep thinking its the PC's post in all've these because Orga and Zak still have to post in their's. Uhm. Right then! Lets say roll 1d6 per hit with Shard. Also, with mods like that, er, yeahyouhitIsuppose.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:04 am

Man, I am totally trading the sword out for my giant bear fists if it doesn't do something awesome. =P

Bite(+6)(This does two d6 and it hit three times, so 6d6):
Trollface carried out 6 launched of one d6 :
6 , 3 , 3 , 1 , 1 , 1

Sword(+12):
Trollface carried out 3 launched of one d6 :
2 , 4 , 6

The +6 and +12 is per attack too. So that's 64 damage, plus whatever the rolls are.
Since I'm assuming they're undead, I presume they're immune to criticals.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:56 pm

...Ernoandrightforgotaboutthat, like in Orga's Solo Undead aren't IMMUNE to crits. Usually. The critical mostly means impossible to miss wasn't awesome attack happened. Roll critical chance if you want to, buuut either way.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Well, every last bit of damage helps, I guess. I'll take the bonus damage if I can get it (Both are on sword hits. I guess take them as the first two? Whichever you prefer, it doesn't bother me greatly. It's a four point difference, when I'm hitting for over ninety damage anyway, total).

Crit threat (+21/+26):
20 , 6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!   UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UR D&D Solos! BERWYN MAACMAHON'S Solo!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2