I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Latra (DT)

Go down 
+2
Zak
Thunderscreamer
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Aquarius Posts : 1187

Latra (DT) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:25 am

Which is not how a party works, Nik. We can't waste healing spells on rogues who go in, bastard swords ablazing Razz
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:27 am

Have to agree with Zak. I stress this a lot, if you don't play as a team, you die in the first dungeon. Unless you're awesome. Which, if you're trying to duel wield a Bastard Sword unsuccessfully, you're probably not. =P
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:30 am

But, see, you MIGHT maybe be able to pull off some badass stunts like that at Epic levels, because they're epic. However, at low levels we really need to work as a team. Which may be something I want to think about when effecting my samurai... Hm. Maybe I could make him a viking dpser and everything would be better?
Back to top Go down
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton
I Had Dylan's Babies For Dinner!

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:34 am

Viking dpser sounds awesome. Have him sue a greatclub.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:36 am

Thats... not what Vikings use..
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:39 am

Yeah? Well rogues don't use bastard Swords. Razz
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:43 am

Zak wrote:
But, see, you MIGHT maybe be able to pull off some badass stunts like that at Epic levels, because they're epic. However, at low levels we really need to work as a team. Which may be something I want to think about when effecting my samurai... Hm. Maybe I could make him a viking dpser and everything would be better?

Doesn't really work if you're against enemies that are epic level. The game is designed so enemies at an equal level to you are a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:44 am

Guys, this is sad. I'm supposed to be the one who forgets what happened on the previous page of posting! Razz

Like I said earlier, she'll be using the bastard sword as a two handed blade. I just chose the dual wield so I could have her using both the pistol and the dagger at once. Now I want you all to enlighten me, what's so horrible about using a bastard sword?

And Zak, seriously, just because she isn't designed to accommodate the team's every need doesn't mean that she will completely destroy their every sense of teamwork. I mean, honestly, that's just naive. She has skills that will benefit the team, and all you can see in the character is the biggest weapon. What's wrong with you?

And Hiro, I have to ask, is this going to be a primarily action based game of DnD? Because if so I don't want to use a character driven character on it. It would be a waist to have a character I want mostly talking to be always fighting.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:49 am

She isn't designed to accomodate the teams every need! THats why there are multiple classes! The fact is that she doesn't very well do much in the way of her ROLE for the team.

As for the sword, the damn bastard sword is a weapon for classes that focus on combat. A rogue focusses on sneaky combat. A four and a half foot sword is not sneaky. The pistol and dagger could be used without penalties regardless, seeing as you use both with one hand anyway and you're using them seperately. The only time you'd take penalties is when you use the pistol as a melee weapon.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:50 am

Bastard sword isn't stealthy, like Hiro said. It's difficult to conceal, so you can expect higher concealment DCs.
Also, the pistol isn't a light weapon, so that doesn't really help you. Like... at all.

And, the character's main advantage, like I said, is that she's a skill class, which the party lacks. Which isn't very helpful for the party when her focus is in charisma, since you already have a spell caster who manages to cover charisma and AoE.

And, there's basically never going to be a game that's more fighting than RP on this site, unless people sit there not RPing ever (which actually happens a lot). All the DMs are more interested in the story than the fights.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:03 am

Dylanmous Nailo wrote:
Like I said, you guys were short of a skill class anyway. Nik is filling a position you need. Albeit in a way that is inefficient.
But yeah. We've talked the party balance thing through before. I guess I could go roll up a healer of some kind. Balance out the party a little.
Roles the team just fine. Could be better, but there is no way that she is hindering it.

And either way, the point of her having a bastard sword was so that she could defend herself once she was seen. And as far as the pistol goes, I think not having any ranged weapon would help her far less than having no weapon whatsoever. =P

Anyway, Dylan, your comment about rp has convinced me to make another character. So goodby Latra, I won't be using you this game!
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:05 am

YAaaaaay!
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:10 am

But instead, I will copy and paste Zak's character and change the name. =P
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:16 am

...butbutbuttank
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:20 am

Awesome! Three tanks instead! That will make this party much easier to balance! <<
The sooner I can get my Druid ready, the better.
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:54 am

Hold one goddamn second...
Sorcerers are high strike damagers too you assface Dylan xD
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:08 am

True, but having your only DPS also being your only AoE is kinda a weak play. Kill the sorcerer, and suddenly the party can't land any damage. Which is why I tend to refer to things using only the primary skill a character has. Yes, monks make a decent tank/DPS/melee AoE combo. Druids are a pretty good Healer/Summoner/Buff class. Rogues are decent for Skills/DPS. But you don't want to rely on your secondary stats.
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:53 am

True
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latra (DT)   Latra (DT) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latra (DT)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I Wanna Cast a Spell... :: The Guest List-
Jump to: