Point topic!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Point topic!   Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:54 am

So I've had this ideas for a while, aaaaand I'm deciding to go ahead with it. Essentially, a 'point' is a reward for good RPing. If you have a point(s), you may do one of these things with it:
Positively affect a roll of your own or someone else's
Negatively affect a roll of a enemy(or, again, someone else's, it doesn't HAVE to be a enemy)
Spend them in a 'special item shop'(where I may offer things like weapons/armor that can carry over between campaigns or a permanent increase to a base stat by x amount)
Other creative uses that you guys may think up(if I approve of them).

If you use your points for anything, that's it, its spent. One point equals a plus or minus 1 for rolls, and the other creative ideas may have different prices. Ah, but there is one little detail I should probably let you know...When using points, you don't announce it in the forum proper. Nope. You just PM me. I won't let you all know if someone's using points for or against you, either(yes, you can use points against allies). If you wanna go out and tell other people what yer doing, go ahead, but if you wanna befall secretive, that's fine too. For now, nobody has points, but I'll use this topic to keep track of everyone's totals. Oh, and points earned in one campaign can totally be used in others, as long as they're DMed by me.

Point system inspired and expanded upon Paranoia's similar system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.

PostSubject: Re: Point topic!   Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:09 pm

This makes me happy. ^_^

And is probably a lot less ridiculous than my own system, in which I mostly give people things that either make my life easier, or aren't actually useful, just funny. =P
I can see this becoming difficult to track how many points people have though. Unless you keep some kind of public record. You know how it is, people forget what they've spent and what they haven't.

Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Point topic!   Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Oh, I'm gonna use this topic for everyone's totals(everyone'll get a post keeping track of their totals when they first get a point). I'll probably also use those posts to keep track of things bought in the shop, whenever I set it up. I won't detail the past totals, though, only the current for each person, and I'll do this by discreetly editing the post when someone uses a point(of course, what's done won't be mentioned), and if possible I'll refrain from letting it include a 'editted by' date.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Point topic!   Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:19 pm

(This post reserved for the shops, which are under construction. Go builder people, go!)

You find yourself in a small marketplace-like area, with a few stalls all around. You appear to be the only customer, however. You think you last remember yourself having fallen asleep at the last campsite...or inn...or wherever, really. You don't think you were kidnapped or knocked unconscious, anyways. You also briefly panic, seeing the goods available on the shelves but unable to find your gold anywhere in your inventory. Matter of fact, you can't seem to find your inventory either in the first place. But this panic subsides quickly when you realize that the currency of choice appears to be not gold, but instead METAPHYSICAL GAMING ABSTRACTIONS called Points. You also find that you are inherently aware of your current Point total, and that your points will be automatically deducted when spent at any stall, which is fortunate because you aren't aware how you would possibly find these points while your inventory is still lost. You aren't totally sure, but you figure that Points can probably be earned only in the Waking World, not in this realm, and probably through FEATS OF AWE or ACTS THAT DEMONSTRATE CHARACTER. You aren't aware why these are in allcaps, but it probably is just for emphasis. You are also unaware how you are aware, even remotely, of this narrative, but don't dwell on it much.

Lucille's Potions and Fortunes
Shopkeeper: A small, red-haired, bright-eyed lady of elven heritage wearing white and red garments that obscure her figure quite well, barring her head.. Can be seen usually either stirring her cauldron of eddying with her crystal ball. Upon closer examination, it appears that she's watching the events of several adventures unfold. Is apparently Lucille the 3rd, apprenticed to Lucille the 1st. Her grandma died before she finished apprenticing, it would seem.

Potion of Health:
Small-15 HP-5 Points
Medium-40 HP-10 Points
Party-Small-5 HP x # of PCs in party(DM Controlled characters do not count) divided however you choose(including to non party members), but only then and there. If you don't use those HPs, they're gone-20 Points.
Party-Medium-See small, but 10 HPs per PC instead of five-30 Points
Spell Potions:
Normal-Regain five spell slots you've already used this day. For Wizard and Cleric type Mages, you do not get to prepare new spells, you may only recover those you've already used. Choose wisely-10 Points
Future Scrying:Get a glimpse of things yet to come, but only in your near future. Clarity is dependant on Points Spent, making this variable in price.

Last edited by oriH on Tue May 22, 2012 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: Point topic!   Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:09 pm

Can the shop have pictures?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Point topic!   Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Only if I can stop being too lazy to find 'em!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: Point topic!   Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:05 am

If you can't find any could you draw them? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Point topic!   Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:38 am

Truuuuuuuust me...Yooouuuuuu don't want me drawing. I have the arting skills of a zombie missing its frontal lobe. If there's pictures at all, it'll be from the net.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: Point topic!   Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:41 am

Awwwwweeeeee, but those kind of pictures makes it more fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Point topic!   Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:55 am

Not when your clawing your eyes out to get rid of the awful image from yer mind! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Point topic!   

Back to top Go down

Point topic!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I Wanna Cast a Spell... :: The Trophy Room-
Jump to: