I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Den of Terror

Go down 
+2
Zak
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

The Den of Terror - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Well I mean he's looking nigh on directly at it im just looking at what hes looking at(Trying to IC get this information xD)
Search
Jeebus carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
+2
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:34 pm

You notice a definite doorway, and come to the same conclusions Nik came to. =P

You also gain my approval for RPing through it, rather than just assuming the information. =P
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:45 pm

I'm gonna see if theres anything I cant block up the waterfall above the doorway. I'm gonna assume Sher and Wat are gonna be fine. If I find anything to the effect of some bark or wood or something im gonna place it just above the doorway seeing if I cant force the water to take a bit of an alternate route. I'll also use Prestidigitation to see if I can freeze it in place using magic freezing water. Just to clarify i'm holding it at an upward angle so instead of pouring on me it pours to the sides.
FINALLY A USE FOR MY SPELLS
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Your attempts to deflect the water don't seem to help much, however the Prestidigitation seems successful, diverting the flow of the river to allow you under. The path of the water leaves its' original route, turning the nearby area marshy instead, killing the old path of the river.

Spoiler:

Thanks to your hard work and diligence, the entire party is able to see the gothic stone arch under the waterfall, and is able to access it freely. You take 100XP for solving puzzles and being awesome Jeebs.
The stone archway is relatively simple, very dark stone blocks. At the top is some kind of Gargoyle face embedded into the keystone. From your Bardic Knowledge you rolled like, a month ago, you recognise this as the entrance you're looking for. The fact that you didn't have to roll for this knowledge again does not feel at all contrived to you.
You also have Prestidigitation active for the next hour. I expect to see you use it for all six hundred rounds just to get the maximum possible use out of it. =P

Errwick doesn't notice what you did. He's busy checking on the Dryad.
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:04 pm

"Gentlemen, young madam. We have our entrance." I walk to Errwick "Will she live?"
EDIT: I also use Prestidigitation to clean the blood up off her :3
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:15 pm

*Wants to start giving XP for spamming Prestidigitation*
This is why Hexblades are so awesome. Permanent Prestidigitation? Fuck yes.

You clean the blood off, but Errwick does not look happy still. He talks slowly, concentrating on examining her.
"The Elmkin is not healink well. Errwick is havink mendificaterated what can be done, but many bloods are beink flown from each vessel, and there is beink deepdark injurifies inflinktink..."
He indicates the fact that her arm has almost been cleaved right off. While he's managed to heal the damage, it's clearly more damage than is able to be healed by simple spells.

Man, I need more characters with hilarious accents. =P
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:19 pm

"Heal her as best you can, at least until consciousness. If you feel you cannot bring her to a point of survival it may merely be best to put her out of her pain to speak." I sigh before looking to the rest of the party "If you could prepare yourselves as best you could we must leave through that door at most within the next hour as I cannot keep the spell up for longer than that and I honestly dont know if it would stick."
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Man, it sure is unlucky that you can't just recast Prestidigitation at any point you wish, huh? =P

Errwick shakes his head.
"The Elmkin is beink stabliitizink, but is needink better attenitions than Errwick is beink able to give. If'en it was possible to be takink the Elmkin back to town we may be findink help beink there?"
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Mordecai is sadly not an experienced bard, his knowledge of his own spells is limitations and stuff. Im really just trying to separate what Mordecai knows from what I know, while I understand everything about the bard Mordecai just doesn't yet Razz
"Sadly it would mean returning to town and I would imagine killing one of their kin has likely angered the forest's spirit." I ponder for a moment "If you can make her stable we can strap her to the Orc's back, make him carry her in penance though im not sure if it would endanger her or not."
Out of curiosity how long would it take us to take her back to town and then do this ALL A FREAKIN' GAIN
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Well, you know where you're going now, so it wouldn't take too long to find your way back. It's only about two miles from the town, so like, half an hour to get there, half an hour to get back. Plus however much time it takes you to find help for her. She's not very heavy, so she shouldn't slow you down too much.

"Errwick is likink this plan. But carryink the Elmkin isn't seemink much to be showink penitrance."
Penitence. Incase you were wondering. The Freudian slip was just too hard to resist. =P
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm gonna look around to see who wants to take her back and get her help then come back or no.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Yeah, Errwick is all moral and shit, being the religious type. He's up for taking her back, obviously. =P

Also, I'd put money on it given people's reactions, that Hiro and Orga will be up for taking her back at the very least. Probably Nik too given his reaction, although given how he's a self described asshole in this game, there's a possibility he'll be up for leaving her. And, you know. Zak is Zak. He's gonna go all Paladin on out ass about it. =P
Then again, that's just my assumptions on the subject. Maybe they will surprise me? Who knows!
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:24 pm

Yeah its why im waiting i'd hate to go on assumptions xD
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:29 pm

I don't like to assume things ever.

On the other hand, some party members have a history of not posting and being like "I thought you'd assume I did stuff!" <<
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:39 am

Suzy, still not understanding common, is currently oblivious to the Bard's plan. She is not, on the other hand, oblivious to the new cavern. "<Wonder where that leads...>" She says absentmindedly, impressed by the abilities of the Ranger and the Bard.
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:42 am

I sigh, realising that I infact forgot that Suzy doesn't remember common "<Young miss, it would be> Oh blast what's the damn word... <pertinent? for us to bring the injured woman to the town where she can be properly helped.>"
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:17 am

Yeah, Dylan, ever heard of layers? =P.
Anyway, Jeebus, I love how you solved the problem without even seeing the cave Rolling Eyes

Leilanad looked at the dryad with concern. He could empathize. From the moment the half orc had seen him he had been making it obvious that he hated his guts, even before he yanked his coin. As far as he was concerned Wat was one of those racist orcs who hated everything elven-like, even fey. He felt it was important to do whatever was possible to keep his victim count as low as possible.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:44 am

Jeebus 100% saw the cave, if you read back Nik. =P
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Aquarius Posts : 1187

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:59 am

I turn my attention back to the conversation about the 'elmkin' or whatever the gnome called her, the dryad. "I'm not sure how long it'll take us, but this forrest isn't exactly a smooth walk. Can we be sure that she won't be further harmed by the transport?" Also, Dylan, what knowledge will I have to roll for knowledge on Dryads?
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:22 am

Knowledge(Nature) would probably make most sense. But if you can justify another roll, go for it.

"Errwick cannot be promisink this, but if'en the Elmkin is remainink here all alonifyink then the Elmkin will beink succucumbink to the slashinks and the stabbinks."
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:24 am

I'mma go with INT
Zak carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
+4 Intelligence
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:33 am

"<Yes...I suppose it would be advisable to bring her to town. But she's not looking well, not at all. How are we to get her there without further injuring her?>"
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:44 am

"<I would imagine some form of stretcher, or other carrying device would be in order. We have pleanty of ropes and blankets, it would surprise me greatly if we lacked the required provisions to forge some temporary device.>"
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:52 am

@Zak, What was your question about Dryads?
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:53 am

Um, I guess whether or not they can be moved far away from their forrest/tree and not die.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Den of Terror
Page 9 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next