I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Undead Rise D20

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
avatar

Aquarius Posts : 1187
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 200

PostSubject: Undead Rise D20   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:31 am

So, essentially, Nik gave me an idea. Instead of doing Undead Rise is all its glory in a simulated DnD environment, why not just simply use D20 modern and play an actual UR game?
So, without further ado, I've transferred the UR universe into a D20 game. Its all very similar to DnD, so we shouldnt have any real problems other then posting inactivity.
The setting is:
It is twlve weeks after the outbreak, you're in a safehouse in the northern section of the city (the section that the UR forum takes place in is the Western section). The safehouse is a large, old factory, and you are part of a group of twenty some survivors. This is before there was TechnoCell in the city and the zombies are starting to change for the worse.
Races available: Humans
Classes available: Any
Professions: Any
Equipment available: 1 primary weapon, 1 secondary weapon or 2 secondary weapons or a heavy weapon and ammunition. Other equipment is available up to you but you can only start off with ten items other then weapons.
Primary weapons consist of rifles, shotguns and melee weapons larger then a short sword.
Secondary weapons are weapons like knives, pistols and other such small weapons.
Heavy weapons are larger weapons like light machine guns, rocket launchers and the like. Beware that ammunition for these weapons is likely to be very scarce.
This campaign does not touch the characters of the forum, UR.
Character level:1

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd this is where you get the basics. No spells or psionics please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
avatar

Aries Pig
Posts : 706
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:55 am

Here's another tool that may come in handy, especially if you're lazy!
http://www.pathguy.com/d20modern.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
avatar

Aquarius Posts : 1187
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 200

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:53 am

Alright I'm pretty sure that you're all here soooo lets get this ship on the sea... Figuratively.

You are all on the inside of your mutual safehouse, an abandoned factory in the middle of the Northern District of the city, the section of the city devoted to mainstream mechanics and production. The warehouse is in fairly good condition and the barricades are safe and patrolled regularly. The only difficulty that you all know about is food and, being in the industrial sector, you know its hard to come by. Currently, you're all in the middle of the main factory floor, on a section cleared of the now useless machinery. Along with you are most of the other survivors, men, woman and some children who bear the gaunt look of ones going without one or so meals a day. In front of you, stands the voted in leader of your group, Alexander Flowe.

"Alright, everyone." He begins. "I know that you're all feeling a bit hungry so lets start with the most important issue: food. We need it, as you all know. We've exhausted the stores nearest to us and most of our scavenging has gone for not. Leon, " he gestures to a bear of man clothed in the ragged garb of a policeman. "has kindly pointed out that we need to look farther away, more then the half a day's search that we have done previously. We need people who can go out into the city, stay there for maybe weeks on end, until they find some sort of stockpile... If we can't find food... We may have to move our safehouse." With these words rose a worried murmur from the crowd but Alexander raises his hand and they instantly quiet down. "Now, please... Are there any volunteers?" He looks around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
avatar

Posts : 2503
Join date : 2011-12-06
Location : Lurking in the shadows.

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:12 am

Berinski approves of this plan, because a fellow officer of the law came up with it. He stands, and pats himself on the chest. He speaks with a faint Russian tint to his accent.
"Bartholemew will rise to the task comrades."

_________________
His eye's erupted with the flash of an evil light, we'd lost the fight. Struck down by farce and violence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!


Libra Dog
Posts : 546
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:28 am

"Um...I...I'd like to volunteer. Any team leaving the Warehouse would need a medic, um, after all, and I have that kind of training." Jeremy said, before his fear could make him reconsider. He'd been trained to deal with disasters, like earthquakes and hurricanes and to provide relief where possible. Zombies...zombies were rather different. They terrified him, much like many other survivors. But he felt that he had to help these people, couldn't let them starve. Not if he could help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
avatar

Aquarius Posts : 1187
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 200

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:30 am

"Thank you both." Alexander says, nodding and pointing you two towards seats at the front. "Is there anyone else? We need at least three more."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
avatar

Posts : 2503
Join date : 2011-12-06
Location : Lurking in the shadows.

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:22 am

Three more? Berinski starts looking around the room for the obvious babysitter, hefting his weapon. =P

Berinski goes and takes a seat up front, like a bawss.

_________________
His eye's erupted with the flash of an evil light, we'd lost the fight. Struck down by farce and violence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!


Libra Dog
Posts : 546
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:33 am

Jeremy nervously stands up and walks to the front. Its quite obvious he's trying to look brave and kinda like a good role model, but its also obvious that he's terrified out of his mind. Once he gets there, he, deciding to get to know the people he's gonna work with, says to his apparent ally,"So, uh, Bartholomew was it? Looks like we'll be working together on this one, eh heh. Um, anyways, my name's Jeremy. Thought I might try to get aquainted with everyone going on the mission, you know?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
avatar

Posts : 2503
Join date : 2011-12-06
Location : Lurking in the shadows.

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:53 am

Berinski grins widely and claps Jeremy on the back heavily. He is probably talking louder than he realises.
"Ah, very good, Jeremy, it is good to be with another of great courage! It will be good working together, yah?"

Oh hey, Berinski is gonna be so easy to RP. ^_^

_________________
His eye's erupted with the flash of an evil light, we'd lost the fight. Struck down by farce and violence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
avatar

Aries Pig
Posts : 706
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:06 pm

"I'd like to go," said a voice in the back near where Jeremy had been. It was spoken in a low tone teenagerish fashion, and it belonged to the slender college-aged girl with the short red hair. She walked up to the front and said, "Yeah, I gotta get out of here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
avatar

Aquarius Posts : 1187
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 200

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:14 pm

A young, black man nodded and stepped forward. "I can't stand around anymore. I've got to do something useful."

Alexander nodded. "Thank you, Thomas, Lydia." He said, pointing them towards where Jeremy and Berinski were standing. Thomas walked casually forward and sat next to them, barely glancing at either of them. "One more?" Alexander asked grimly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
avatar

Aries Pig
Posts : 706
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Lydia began looking around through the audiance to see who would volunteer. Cedi? Ray? Mrs. Blight? Who was next?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
avatar

Posts : 2503
Join date : 2011-12-06
Location : Lurking in the shadows.

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:29 am

Dammit Orga! You are slowing things down because you are an awful human being! =P

Berinski took Thomas's hand and shook it rather more vigorously than was strictly comfortable, with a big grin covering his face.
"Ah, well met, brother, well met!"

_________________
His eye's erupted with the flash of an evil light, we'd lost the fight. Struck down by farce and violence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
avatar

Aquarius Posts : 1187
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 200

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:30 am

Thomas winces and looks at you like you're the insane, brutish Russian that you are. "Nice to meet you too." He mutters cautiously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton
I Had Dylan's Babies For Dinner!
I Had Dylan's Babies For Dinner!
avatar

Aries Dog
Posts : 1348
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 24
Location : Definitly not right outside your window.

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:52 am

Oh hey look, apparently someone else needs to post! I wonder who it could be?
.
.
.
.
Hm? What's that? Me?! No, it couldn't be! Really? Are you absolutely certain? Weeeell, if you're sure...

"I'll go" A tan man wearing a black leather duster makes his way to the front. A machete is strapped to his back and he wearing an absolutely awesome hat. Like, you can not even begin to comprehend how epic the epicoisty of this dude's hat is. It would make you be all DAYUM THAT IS AN EPIC HAT "I mean, hell, what else is there to do around here right?" he walks up to rest of them. "Sorry to make Ya'll wait" He tips his hat to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
avatar

Aquarius Posts : 1187
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 200

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:24 am

Alexander smiles. "Thank you all. Meeting dismissed." he said, waving the others off. As the group of people dispersed and went back to their various duties, he walked over to the volunteers.
"Thank you all, really. We wouldn't be able to survive much longer on our rations."
Thomas nods in a surly manner.
"I'll need to inform you all of the plan then." He begins. "Firstly, everything in the immediate area has been raided and checked many times over. You'll all need to travel a day's journey away, stay in infected territory over a few nights and hopefully find a reliable source of food."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
avatar

Aries Pig
Posts : 706
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:46 am

"That's cool," said Lydia. "But I'm not sharing a bed with Mr Shivers."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
avatar

Posts : 2503
Join date : 2011-12-06
Location : Lurking in the shadows.

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:22 pm

Berinski's bellowing laugh echoes through the room like the Heavy in TF2. He then welcomes Lydia and Alex to the group by grabbing them both in a brief, but crushing, bear hug.
"Is good to be joining you on this, jah!"
He grins widely at the guys in command.
"So, are we ready to leave?"

_________________
His eye's erupted with the flash of an evil light, we'd lost the fight. Struck down by farce and violence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
avatar

Aries Pig
Posts : 706
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:29 pm

"Ghu...can't breath! Loosen up a bit," Lydia squeezed in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
avatar

Aquarius Posts : 1187
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 200

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:33 pm

"Yes, Berinksi, good man." Alexander coughed. "Please, leave soon. Its best to go off early, I hear they're less active."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
avatar

Posts : 2503
Join date : 2011-12-06
Location : Lurking in the shadows.

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Berinski smiles, and gathers up his stuff.
"Very good, let us be off then, comrades!"

_________________
His eye's erupted with the flash of an evil light, we'd lost the fight. Struck down by farce and violence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
avatar

Aries Pig
Posts : 706
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:56 pm

Lydia pulled out her map and looked at it. "Which area are we heading for?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
avatar

Aquarius Posts : 1187
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 200

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:57 pm

"The areas marked in red have thoroughly been searched. The areas in purple are heavily infested with zombies." You all see a lot of purple and a sparse amount of red.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
avatar

Aries Pig
Posts : 706
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:03 pm

"Alright then. Just give me a sec to get my stuff together," said Lydia as she walked over to her bag, poking through it to make sure it was all there. Pretty much all seemed to be good, so she took her bag, her katana, and her glock and walked to the group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
avatar

Posts : 2503
Join date : 2011-12-06
Location : Lurking in the shadows.

PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:09 pm

Berinski nods at Lydia.
"Since you have the map, you should be leading the way, jah?"

_________________
His eye's erupted with the flash of an evil light, we'd lost the fight. Struck down by farce and violence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Undead Rise D20   

Back to top Go down
 
Undead Rise D20
Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The re-rise of german football?
» Rise of Flight in Stereoscopic 3D
» Wednesday Rise of Flight - 7:30pm BST
» Kendra Featured in UP's new "Rise" promotion
» RISE Campaign

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I Wanna Cast a Spell... :: The Back Room-
Jump to: