I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scarlett (AoOP)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:58 pm

Origional Here. Rerolled character is pretty much finished, but I need to edit a few simple things in the final page.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Thunderscreamer on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:37 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:37 am

Should probably have posted about this before. I can only find Homebrew references for your class and race, and I can't find any references for your flaws. Links please?
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:54 pm

...Looking into it, the race and class I was looking at was homebrew.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Succedaneums_%283.5e_Race%29
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Dragonblooded_%283.5e_Class%29
The class, however, has been rated 5/5 on balancing by all but one person.

The 1st 2 flaws I made up. Zak and I write in flaws all the time.
The second 2
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Extreme_Loyalty_%283.5e_Flaw%29
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Luposlipaphobia_%283.5e_Flaw%29
...Awkwardly enough are also homebrew. Luposlipophibia makes perfect sense, but nonetheless, I am really scared now.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Quote :
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Dragonblooded_%283.5e_Class%29
The class, however, has been rated 5/5 on balancing by all but one person.

Taken from the link you posted:

Quote :
Rating: 16.5 out of 20
Power: 3.5 out of 5 by 2 users
Wording: 4.5 out of 5 by 2 users
Formatting: 4.5 out of 5 by 2 users
Flavor: 4 out of 5 by 2 users

Apart from anything else, a test base of two users isn't really a great sample size. Class and race are both being denied. Soz.

Quote :
The 1st 2 flaws I made up. Zak and I write in flaws all the time.

You know, balance blahdiblahdiblah. Denied on all three. I'm gonna have to start insisting people give book references. =P
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:51 am

Um, Dylan, 3? What? There were 4, and they were easily divided into groups of 2. Just saying 3 leaves me rather confused.

Anyways, as far as the rating goes, it's not a test base of 2 users. It's a test base of 8. On dandwiki.com every page has a chance to open up a discussion page. On that page is where the ratings, reviews and such appear. I have no idea why only 2 of those ratings made it to the rating box on the front page, and it seems to me unfair that the only person to rate under 5/5 for power was one of those individuals.
For future reference, on the top of the page, it says: page discussion edit history
Click discussion and you will be taken to the discussion page:
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Talk:Dragonblooded_%283.5e_Class%29
Also, if you need any further testemony, try this quote on for size:

Quote :
Featured Article Nomination

Support: This is a great article that balanced, full of flavour, and formated perfectly. It has "So far" had 6 reviews with 5 of them giving a perfect 20. But it needs an image. If it is going to become a feature article then it must have an image. --Milo High-Hill 17:45, 12 January 2011 (MST)

Comment: This needs an example NPC. --Green Dragon 22:30, 23 February 2011 (MST)
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:06 am

Sorry, that's me not being able to count first thing in the morning. Four. =P

It's still single figure testers. It's not exactly play tested.
Also, the comparison between the good ratings to the bad one are kinda... distinct. In that, the negative rating is given with reasoning. As opposed to "I give this class a 5 out of 5 because it eventually turns into a dragon!" <-Actual quote.
Then again, negative ratings tend to have reasons given to them. People are usually more opinionated about things they don't like. Still, the point being, it has very little in the way of testing. One bad rating out of eight is like, almost as bad as Bards! =P

(Suffice to say, I personally dislike Homebrew in general. I'm already running one game full of Homebrew, I'd rather leave it at one.)
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:15 am

Could I simply reroll this character as a true dragon?

Edit: Well, actually roll seeing as this first one was scratch.
Also, for the record, that quote was the only one who said something like that. The rest said something along the lines of balancing.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Thunderscreamer on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:20 am

As a class or a race? Reference please?
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:21 am

Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:35 am

Took me a while to find the book reference. Looks like it's in the Draconomicon. Feel free to roll one up, I'll be flicking through the rules on it to make sure I actually know how the rules work with regards to player dragons. =P

Be aware that most equipment isn't designed with dragons in mind, but rather humanoids. So any equipment you buy will have higher prices (looking through to see if it has suggestions, otherwise I'll just base the price change on your size category).
On the other hand, you don't necessarily need it. Apart from anything else, dragons love to horde treasure, so you'd be absolutely justified in not spending a penny of it. =D
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Almost done. Expect a few minor edits and an addition of a backstory and inventory.

Charfedirth the Impatient, but in common she is simply called Scarlett

Female Juvenile Green Dragon Fighter 4 / Assassin 2
Chaotic Neutral

Strength 26 (+8)
Dexterity 18 (+4)
Constitution 24 (+7)
Intelligence 20 (+5)
Wisdom 16 (+3)
Charisma 23 (+6)

Size: Large
Face: 5 ft. by 10 ft.
Reach: 10 ft.

Breath: Cone of corrosive (acid) gas, 40 feet x 40 feet x 40 feet
Damage 8d6 (Reflex save for half DC = 24)

Bite (1): +27 = 20 [base] +8 [strength] -1 [large]
Damage 2d6+8 [strength]

Claws (2): +25 = 20 [base] -2 [multiattack] +8 [strength] -1 [large]
Damage 1d8+4 [0.5 x strength adjustment]

Wings (2): +25 = 20 [base] -2 [multiattack] +8 [strength] -1 [large]
Damage 1d6+4 [0.5 x strength adjustment]

Tail Slap (1): +25 = 20 [base] -2 [multiattack] +8 [strength] -1 [large]
Damage 1d8+12 [1.5 x strength adjustment]

Grapple check
(crush, snatch): +32 = 20 [base] +8 [strength] +4 [large]

Total Hit Points: 236

Speed: 50 feet [quick]
Fly: 160 (poor)
Swim: 50

Armor Class: 25 = 10 +4 [dexterity] -1 [large] +13 [natural]

Touch AC: 12
Flat-footed: 22

Initiative modifier: +4 = +4 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +20 = 13 [base] +7 [constitution]
Reflex save: +17 = 13 [base] +4 [dexterity]
Will save: +13 = 10 [base] +3 [wisdom]
Spell resistance: 0
Fear DC: 23

Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:
612 lb. or less
614-460 lb.
1228-1840 lb.
1840 lb.
3680 lb.
9200 lb.

Frightful presence: Not yet

Languages: Aquan Common Draconic Elven Giant Sylvan Undercommon

Feats:

Flyby Attack
Multiattack
Hover
Improved Critical: Bite
Exotic Weapon Proficiency
Leadership
Run
Improved Shield Bash
Track

Traits:

Farsighted
Quick
Skinny

Skill Name

Key
Ability

Skill
Modifier

Ability
Modifier

Ranks

Misc.
Modifier
Appraise Int 5 =
+5

Balance Dex* 6 =
+4
+2 [tumble]
Bluff Cha 21 =
+6
+15
Climb Dex* 8 =
+8

Concentration Con 7 =
+7

Craft_1 Int 5 =
+5

Craft_2 Int 5 =
+5

Craft_3 Int 5 =
+5

Diplomacy Cha 30 =
+6
+20 +2 [bluff] +2 [sense motive]
Disguise Cha 16 =
+6
+10
Escape Artist Dex* 10 =
+4
+5 +1 [skinny]
Forgery Int 15 =
+5
+10
Gather Information Cha 18 =
+6
+10 +2 [know local]
Heal Wis 3 =
+3

Hide Dex* 12 =
+4
+12 -4 [large]
Intimidate Cha 23 =
+6
+15 +2 [bluff]
Jump Str* 28 =
+8
+10 +2 [tumble] +8 [speed 50]
Knowledge (arcana) Int 7 =
+5
+2
Knowledge (architecture) Int 8 =
+5
+3
Knowledge (dungeoneering) Int 6 =
+5
+1
Knowledge (geography) Int 9 =
+5
+4
Knowledge (history) Int 8 =
+5
+3
Knowledge (local) Int 10 =
+5
+5
Knowledge (nature) Int 7 =
+5
+2
Knowledge (nobility) Int 9 =
+5
+4
Knowledge (religion) Int 6 =
+5
+1
Knowledge (planes) Int 9 =
+5
+4
Listen Wis 17 =
+3
+14
Move Silently Dex* 14 =
+4
+10
Perform_1 Cha 6 =
+6

Perform_2 Cha 6 =
+6

Perform_3 Cha 6 =
+6

Perform_4 Cha 6 =
+6

Perform_5 Cha 6 =
+6

Ride Dex 4 =
+4

Search Int 17 =
+5
+14 -2 [farsighted]
Sense Motive Wis 21 =
+3
+18
Spot Wis 18 =
+3
+14 +1 [farsighted]
Survival Wis 6 =
+3
+3
Swim Str** 13 =
+8
+5
Tumble Dex* 11 =
+4
+5 +2 [jump]
Use Magic Device Cha 11 =
+6
+5
Use Rope Dex 4 =
+4

Knowledge
(psionics) Int 6 =
+5
+1
Use
psi device Cha 8.5 =
+6
+2.5

* = check penalty for wearing armor

Bluff >=5 ranks gives +2 on disguise checks to act in character.
Escape Artist >=5 ranks gives +2 on use rope checks for bindings.
Search >=5 ranks gives +2 on survival checks while tracking.
Skinny trait: -2 on strength checks to avoid being overrun / bullrushed.

Zero-level Sorcerer spells: 5 per day

First-level Sorcerer spells: 5 (3+2) per day

Fighter

Bonus Feats (already included)

Assassin

Hit dice d6

Fast increase in attack bonuses

Slow increase in fortitude saves

Fast increase in reflex saves

Slow increase in will saves

Base 4 skill points per level

Light armor proficiency

More:

All dragons:

Immune to paralysis and sleep
Blindsense to sixty feet
Darkvision to 120 feet
Vision twice human in normal light, four times in shadowy light

Green Dragon Abilities:

Air subtype

Move through water at normal speed without swim checks

Breathe under water indefinitely

+8 bonus on swim checks for maneuvers

Can always take 10 on a swim check

Use run action while swimming in a straight line

Wyrmling: Acid immunity, water breathing
Very Young:
Young:
Juvenile:
Young Adult: Damage reduction 5/+1
Adult: Suggestion (3/day)
Mature Adult: Damage reduction 10/+1
Old: Plant growth (1/day)
Very Old: Damage reduction 15/+2
Ancient: Dominate person (3/day)
Wyrm: Damage reduction 20/+2
Great Wyrm: Command plants (1/day)

Age HP rolled (d12)
Wyrmling 9; 10; 11; 7; 2;
Very Young 1; 2; 1;
Young 3; 3; 2;
Juvenile 10; 1;

Class HP rolled
Level 1: Fighter 9
Level 2: Fighter 5
Level 3: Fighter 2
Level 4: Fighter 8 +1 to charisma
Level 5: Assassin 5
Level 6: Assassin 5

More about Charfedirth the Impatient, but in common she is simply called Scarlett:

Last edited by Thunderscreamer on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 10:33 am

Bio:
Halgreir Forest was a nice place for an adolescent dragon to live. There was plenty of food to eat and plenty of little things to chase. Scarlett was born into this environment to a pair of great, respectable green dragons, something that is almost unheard of. Her parents were fine with leaving travelers and other creatures be so long as they never entered their territory. Even more of a shock to the scholars, these dragons raised their young respectfully. They didn't just leave the children in the wilderness to fend for themselves, or only give them the bare scraps of an already picked over carcass. This family of dragons respected their young, and were not only a rare example of neutral green dragons, but a rare example of happy green dragons. That is, until the Dragonenders came along. An elite guild of dragonslayers set on the ideal of the extinction of had sent a party to Halgrier after hearing tales of green dragons in the area. They found Scarlett's family and took them by surprise. Horrified Scarlett watched her mother and father fall, the last word on their lips being, "run." She along with the rest of her wyrmling brothers and sisters ran deeper into the cavern they called home, and one by one she heard the screams of her brothers and sisters falling to the sword. Scarlett was lucky enough to find a crevice small enough to hide in, and the party of Dragonenders assumed they had ended every last one. Three weeks she remained in that crevice, to afraid to move. Eventually hunger would drive her out. As she came to the mouth of the cave, as she passed every one of her dead brothers and sisters, and as she lay her eyes on her parents whose heads had been taken as prizes, that fear was overwhelmed by sorrow. She stayed in that cave, nibbling away their reserves for the better part of a month before something else came. It was when the first leaves began to fall from the trees that the elder green dragon came to expand his territory. It was then that Scarlett's sorrow was overlapped by a new emotion: anger. She lashed out at the elder male, but being a wyrmling did not hurt him at all. He in fact found it quite amusing and did not kill her. She didnt find it amusing, however, and stole some treasure from him before leaving the forest for good.
When entering the first village she came across, she realized something very important: people don't generally take to well to green dragons. After a while Scarlett learned of an ability dragons have to change into a humanoid form. Unfortunately, she also learned not everyone was fooled by it as she came face to face one day with a member of the Dragonenders. She would have been killed by that man had the guards not seen him attacking a little girl. After the man was banished, the almost dead Scarlett was taken to the local healer who lived on a small farm with her husband. Once she was fine, the healer was very inquisitive about who she was, but Scarlett was not very talkative. All the healer was able to glean was that Scarlett was an orphan, and, upon learning this, the husband gladly offered to take her in. She spent a long time on that mountainside farm, and grew to respect her now adopted parents as if they were an aunt and uncle. She spent sixteen years living by the village of Whitefall. In this time she learned a lot about humanity. She learned their culture, and she learned their psyche. Much of this she learned firsthand from tending a stand in the nearby big city of Windstone. During this time she also grew into a beautiful young woman, though this was partly her doing, as she had learned people tend to react better towards a pretty face than an ugly one. This had a few side effects however. More than a few men became suiters, and marriage was something everyone seemed to want for her. Yet marriage was something she had never wanted for herself. The whole time what she had wanted was revenge, and she feared that if she became caught up in a marriage then she wouldn't be able to gain her revenge before all those murderers who had killed her draconic family died naturally. And so she packed up her stuff, gave her adopted parents a hug and a kiss, and left for Silverreach, the home of the Dragonenders.
Once there she got a newer recruit drunk and killed him. Using her ability to look, sound, and even smell like him she infiltrated the guild. No one thought to use a detection spell on one of their own men, and later no one thought to check the mead for a slow-acting paralysis poison. No one expected something so bold as an attack on the guild's 100th anniversary, a coincidence Scarlett hadn't intended. Being such a special night, they drank as much mead as they could. Being a dragon, and therefor unaffected by paralysis, Scarlett was able to stay in character quite easily until the third hour of the party and she was able to kill every single one of them. Unlike the Dragonenders, however, she checked every nook and cranny for people she may have missed. After looting the place a bit, she quickly realized that there were in fact men she had missed. Some had left early, and others hadn't been able to make it to the celebration at all. She spent the next three years eliminating the nine men who were left through various means. Some of the greatest hunters met their ends in dark alleys. Some just seemed to vanish between cities. Some she were found dead on their own estates. During this time Scarlett had learned a lot about killing. She had figured out that the best place to hide may be in plain sight, the best thing to do if caught was to scream and babble nonsense, and the best rime to tear someone's throat out was just after they had put a do not disturb sign. However, things didn't always go as planned. Sometimes the guards would see the murder in the dark alley. Sometimes a caravan would appear at just the wrong time. Sometimes someone would show up as she was blowing acidic gas down a throat. As her second-to-last target, Lord Bearington of Greatfear, lay gasping for air on his bed as his lungs burned away, a man opened the door to find Scarlett giving the speech she has practiced a thousand times. She thought he was an ordinary guest of Bearington Jr's wedding, and quickly escaped through the window. This man was not in fact an ordinary guest, but a member of the Obsidian Rose coming to eliminate Bearington Sr.
After a few days of running, she lost the assassin, yet the assassin didn't give up. The Obsisian Rose had been trying to find and recruit the one who had killed an entire building full of fierce warriors silently in one night, and this assassin thought it was worth looking into to see if it was the same one. If it was the case, a few quick research showed there was one more logical target, and he lived in Knightfall. The assassin began scoping out the place fairly regularly, and one day, low and behold, he found her dancing with the man. He cut in and introduced himself. She became very anxious seeing her target disappearing as a man who had walked in on her last murder took his place. However, he claimed he wanted to help, and her original plan would now be a bit awkward to pull off. They then used a brilliant, if risky, maneuver. She told the target about the assassin, and that he was there to kill him. The target played right into their hands. Once he had made it to his super secret hiding place where no one would ever think to look for him, she killed him.
Afterward, the assassin took her to see some people he wanted her to meet. This, of corse, was her first introduction to the Obsidian Rose. They offered her work outright, but she turned them down. She felt overwhelmed by it all and disappeared again. She had devoted most of her life to this revenge, and now that she had finished it she felt like there was still more to do. She felt like there was another face that she had seen on the night her family was murdered that she hadn't yet gotten to. Maybe she was right. Maybe there had been a Dragonender who had eluded her. Maybe she was just going through a purpose crisis. All we know is that she chose to follow the way of the assassin, and after a few weeks of thought, returned to changer her mind about the job offer.

If you have any problems with names they are easily changeable.

Last edited by Thunderscreamer on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 10:55 am

Couple of things...
You need to know at least one other member of the party. That one shouldn't be a problem, I'm happy to offer Arman as the other Obsidian Rose Assassin in your backstory, if you don't have better plans.
Dragons are actually not quite so savage in this universe as your backstory makes out. Doesn't need any major changes, just be aware most dragons are relatively civilised.
This one might be my misunderstanding, but there's the implication that you have Hide in Plain Sight? Which is an eighth level Assassin ability, when you only have two levels of Assassin. Might have misunderstood, or might have missed where you get it.

Also, I've been thinking about it, and decided you get double gold because dragon. Enjoy. =3
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 11:05 am

YUS! DOUBLE GOLD! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I sent Jeebus a message. I was intending the generic assassin to be in fact Morin, but he hasn't responded.
Also, no, I don't have Hide in Plain Sight. I used the phrase to refer to pretending to be a common person then striking rather than literally hiding in plain sight.

Also, I've been planning of going very wild with basic equipment. The dragon creator didn't have an equipment section though.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 11:13 am

Awesome, that works too. ^_^

Oh! I knew there was something I forgot! You have Leadership!
Leadership gives you a bunch of "followers", who will probably show up through the story at appropriate intervals, or whom you can call on in the right situations. More importantly, you get a "cohort". This is basically just a second character (in this instance, a 17th level character) who will follow your commands. It's up to you if you want to play him or if you want the DM to play him/her, and the same with building him/her, but he/she will follow your orders unquestioningly, and you'll be able to control them in battle (or, again, hand this odd to the DM, if you'd rather).
Basically, you get a 17th level character, and a bunch of people will know and adore you. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Huh. I thought the cohort was a group of people. Like a Roman cohort. But this gives me the diabolical idea of giving the cohort the leadership feat, and his cohort the leadership feat, and so on and so forth... Twisted Evil

Anyway, in all seriousness, can I have some followers already to operate a vessel?
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:47 pm

You absolutely can. Obviously take into consideration that if it'd take more than... a hundred and fifty odd people, you may need to hire some. I can see that being a real problem, clearly. =P
And yes, the telescopic leadership thing has been done before. It's been described as the most over powered source rule feat for this reason, and you rarely see a party without it. I'm not a big fan of it personally, because I never have enough feat slots for what I want to do anyway, but that's just me being a feat whore.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:53 pm

I'll do my best to get the rest together, Rping it out until I finish. Hopefully I'll bee 100% done by the end of the week, but just before school items are popping up.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Equipment:
Keeping in the Spirit of the Dragon, I bought excess treasure.

Eight Diagram Coins- 2,160gp- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=4225
Coral Zeugladon- 42,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=3535
Malachite Smiladon- 38,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=3538
Dracolich Phylactery- 50,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=3231
Chaos Diamond- 160,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=1344
Gem of Wishes- 131,600- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=4249
Gem of Glitterdepth- 22,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=2749
Pearl of Protection from Fire 30- 48,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=4275
Opal of Tunneling- 6,350- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=4589
Orb of Showers- 15,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=3673
Aquamarine of Spell Extending- 3,700- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=4299
Golden Orb of Siluvanede- 30,600- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=3711
Golden Chalice of Ularinn- 29,500- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=4090
Emerald Caltrops- 166- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=2209
The Moaning Diamond- Wish- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=1584

Quiver of Lies- 12,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=2623
Bow of True Arrows- 4,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=4563

Full Plate Mithril Shapeshifter Armor- 441,765- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=23 Crying or Very sad
Mithral Sheild- 1,020- http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Heavy_Shield
Mjolnir- 12- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=1576

Ring of Regeneration- 90,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=400
Ring of Chameleon Power- 12,700- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=376
Amulet of Natural Armor 5- 50,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=1301
Amulet of Fortune Prevailing- 8,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=3827
Belt of the Champion- 22,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=2742
Gloves of Dexterity 6- 36,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=1408
Wand Bracelet- 25,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=3950

Circlet of Persuasion- 4,500- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=1349

Arcane Key- 500- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=4636
Gate Compass- 2,500- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=4351
Decanter of Endless Water- 9,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=1370
Thunderstone (20x)- 600- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=1909

Airship- 92000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=3287
Lightning Balista- 15,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=3646
Circle of Sound- 2,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=3374
Field Provisions Box- 2,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=3849
Captain's Lantern- 12,000- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=4794
Mirror of Curing- 11,800- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=4251
Mirror of Enlightenment- 14,850- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=4263
Nondescript Box- 4,552- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=4622
Hammer of the Weaponsmith- 2,055- http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=4530

Not all stuff is on my person. A few treasures are on my person, but many are in the lair. The only one I can say a definite on me is the malachite kitty. Also:
Blue- On My ship
White- Belonging to my Cohort- subject to possible change

And I have one last question: would I be allowed to buy an organization?
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:48 pm

Cohort- Bio coming soon
Also, I'm not sure what kinds of Deities you have in mind, so I'm just going to be worshiping a generic Chaotic Good Deity that doesn't survive the coming apocalypse.

Vrandiciv- Gaerwn

Female Wyrmling Song Dragon Cleric 17 / Assassin 1
Chaotic Neutral
Representing Thunder- under Scarlett

Strength 11 (+0)
Dexterity 18 (+4)
Constitution 21 (+5)
Intelligence 19 (+4)
Wisdom 24 (+7)
Charisma 24 (+7)

Domains: Healing Storm

Energy: Positive [Healing / Turns Undead]

Size: Tiny
Face: 2 1/2 ft. by 2 1/2 ft.
Reach: 5 ft.

Breath: Cone of electrically-charged gas 15 feet x 15 feet x 15 feet
Damage 2d6 (Fortitude save DC = 17)

Bite (1): +20 = 18 [base] +2 [tiny]
Damage 1d4

Claws (2): +15 = 18 [base] -5 [claw] +2 [tiny]
Damage 1d3

Grapple check
(crush, snatch): +10 = 18 [base] -8 [tiny]

Total Hit Points: 208

Speed: 50 feet [quick]
Fly: 160 (good)

Armor Class: 19 = 10 +4 [dexterity] +2 [tiny] -1 [vulnerable] +4 [natural]

Touch AC: 15
Flat-footed: 15

Initiative modifier: +4 = +4 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +19 = 14 [base] +5 [constitution]
Reflex save: +17 = 11 [base] +4 [dexterity] +2 [lightning reflexes]
Will save: +21 = 14 [base] +7 [wisdom]
Spell resistance: 0

Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:
19 lb. or less
20-57 lb.
39-58 lb.
86 lb.
115 lb.
288 lb.

Frightful presence: Not yet

Adorable presence: Yay!

Feats:

Combat Reflexes
Eschew Materials
Improved Critical x1 Weapon(s):
Lightning Reflexes
Martial Weapon Proficiency Weapon:
Point Blank Shot
Far Shot
Precise Shot
Rapid Shot
<Feat Placeholder>
Vulnerable [flaw]
Naive(-3 on Sense Motive) [flaw; hand-edit as needed]

Traits:

Easygoing
Honest
Quick

Skill Name

Key
Ability

Skill
Modifier

Ability
Modifier

Ranks

Misc.
Modifier
Appraise Int 4 =
+4

Balance Dex* 5 =
+4
+1
Bluff Cha 6 =
+7
-1 [honest]
Climb Dex* 5 =
+0
+5
Concentration Con 17 =
+5
+12
Craft_1 Int 4 =
+4

Craft_2 Int 4 =
+4

Craft_3 Int 4 =
+4

Decipher Script Int 6 =
+4
+2
Diplomacy Cha 12 =
+7
+4 +1 [honest]
Disguise Cha 17 =
+7
+10
Escape Artist Dex* 9 =
+4
+5
Forgery Int 7 =
+4
+3
Gather Information Cha 14 =
+7
+6 +1 [easygoing]
Heal Wis 22 =
+7
+15
Hide Dex* 17 =
+4
+5 +8 [tiny]
Intimidate Cha 6 =
+7
-1 [easygoing]
Jump Str* 10 =
+0
+2 +8 [speed 50]
Knowledge (history) Int 9 =
+4
+5
Knowledge (religion) Int 14 =
+4
+10
Knowledge (planes) Int 5 =
+4
+1
Listen Wis 17 =
+7
+10
Move Silently Dex* 8 =
+4
+4
Perform_1 Cha 7 =
+7

Perform_2 Cha 7 =
+7

Perform_3 Cha 7 =
+7

Perform_4 Cha 7 =
+7

Perform_5 Cha 7 =
+7

Ride Dex 9 =
+4
+5
Search Int 14 =
+4
+10
Sense Motive Wis 5 =
+7
-1 [easygoing] -1 [honest]
Spellcraft Int 14 =
+4
+10
Spot Wis 17 =
+7
+10
Survival Wis 10 =
+7
+3
Swim Str** 1 =
+0
+1
Tumble Dex* 6 =
+4
+2
Use Magic Device Cha 17 =
+7
+10
Use Rope Dex 4 =
+4

* = check penalty for wearing armor

Escape Artist >=5 ranks gives +2 on use rope checks for bindings.
Know Religion >=5 ranks gives +2 on turn/rebuke the undead.
Search >=5 ranks gives +2 on survival checks while tracking.
Spellcraft >=5 ranks gives +2 on use magic device checks on scrolls.
Use Magic Device >=5 ranks gives +2 on spellcraft checks to decipher scrolls.

Zero-level Cleric spells: 6 per day

First-level Cleric spells: 7 (5+2) per day +1 from a domain:

Second-level Cleric spells: 7 (5+2) per day +1 from a domain:

Third-level Cleric spells: 7 (5+2) per day +1 from a domain:

Fourth-level Cleric spells: 6 (5+1) per day +1 from a domain:

Fifth-level Cleric spells: 5 (4+1) per day +1 from a domain:

Sixth-level Cleric spells: 5 (4+1) per day +1 from a domain:

Seventh-level Cleric spells: 4 (3+1) per day +1 from a domain:

Eighth-level Cleric spells: 3 per day +1 from a domain:

Ninth-level Cleric spells: 2 per day +1 from a domain:

Cleric

Alignment Aura

Spontaneous Casting (heal)

Turn Undead (10x/day)

High wisdom gains bonus spells daily

Domain choices give additional abilities

Assassin

Hit dice d6

Fast increase in attack bonuses

Slow increase in fortitude saves

Fast increase in reflex saves

Slow increase in will saves

Base 4 skill points per level

Light armor proficiency

More:

All dragons:

Immune to paralysis and sleep
Blindsense to sixty feet
Darkvision to 120 feet
Vision twice human in normal light, four times in shadowy light

Song Dragon Abilities:

Wyrmling: Change shape, true seeing, tongues, light (1/hr), darkness (1/hr), electricity and poison immunity
Very Young: ---
Young: Feather fall (2/day)
Juvenile: Blink (2/day)
Young Adult: Damage reduction 5/+1
Adult: Teleport (1/day)
Mature Adult: Damage reduction 10/+1
Old: Heal (1/day)
Very Old: Damage reduction 15/+2
Ancient: Polymorph any object (2/day)
Wyrm: Damage reduction 20/+3
Great Wyrm: Plane shift (1/day)

Age HP rolled (d12)
Wyrmling 3; 10; 1; 6; 5;

Class HP rolled
Level 1: Cleric 7
Level 2: Cleric 2
Level 3: Cleric 5
Level 4: Cleric 7 +1 to wisdom
Level 5: Cleric 7
Level 6: Cleric 7
Level 7: Cleric 1
Level 8: Cleric 2 +1 to charisma
Level 9: Cleric 0
Level 10: Cleric 3
Level 11: Cleric 0
Level 12: Cleric 1 +1 to constitution
Level 13: Cleric 4
Level 14: Cleric 5
Level 15: Cleric 3
Level 16: Cleric 6 +1 to wisdom
Level 17: Cleric 7
Level 18: Assassin 1

More about Vrandiciv:

Last edited by Thunderscreamer on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:43 pm

Five years ago in the cold of a midwinter mountain village, a baby was left at the entrance to a stone temple.
The priests and priestesses at the temple quickly took the baby in. They were good people, and were not willing to let an abandoned baby die in the cold. They took her in, and raised her along side the priests and priestesses in training. They quickly found out she was a dragon, but fortunately for her they were no Dragonenders. Rather than shunning her as if she were a monster, they treated her as if she were one of their own sisters.
The town of Whitefort had been subject to many diseases for the past several decades. Some said it was the wrath of the gods. Some said it was the beginning if the end of the world. Some said it was just disease. As a result, most of the training clerics specialized in healing, and all divine magicians learned at least a little of the art. The secondary effect of the constant death and disease was a new mentality. Many of the healers in training were zealous in there work. They wanted to be able to eliminate the disease permanently, and they wanted to do it as fast as they could. They trained and studied vigorously, trying to find bigger, faster, and more effective ways of healing. This mentality did rub off on Gaerwn in a few ways. She naturally followed the crowd in her studies and practices, and most of that was directed at healing. However, she also had other interests. She learned a bit about history, and a lot about legends. She found them fascinating, and spent much of her time alone reading up on it. She also had another interest that others overlooked for healing: lightning. Every time a storm came along, Gaerwn would be either outside or at a window watching it. However when she started magically creating inclement weather several instructors intervened. They were very happy to help her learn this art, but at a safe distance. They were also very happy to have her clear the skies for them, even if she wasn't particularly keen on doing that. Nonetheless Gaerwn was one of the most successful students ever to serve at the temple. Being born a dragon she had a head start (Dragonomicron pg12), and being in an environment where you made every second of your life count, she had reached the skill level of the average thirty year old cleric at a mere five tears old.
The fifth year of her life was a particularly big one for Gaerwn. She was growing in ways that were new and different to her for starters. This year was also particularly good one for the healers. Gaerwn never saw anyone die from the diseases that usually plagued Whitefort. However, there were also not so good things, and mostly they were psychological. She had this feeling that many in this world may be able to relate to, a feeling of unsurety; a feeling of unsettlement.
She wanted to know more about her past.
She only knew three things about where she came from. One was that she was dropped off by someone who's face was never seen. Later people in town claimed to have seen a dragon flying off into the sky. The third and final thing she remembered was a face looking down at her. A face with red hair and green eyes. A face who seemed to flicker to that of a green-scaled dragon. In this year, however, it was not enough; a piece of her had to know more. So she convinced one of the elder mages (a forty five year old, which was very old for a diseaseridden town). They put a few spells together and figured out it was a dragon named Charfedirth who was currently in the city of Knightfall. Then she left after saying goodbye to all her friends and adopted family, a bow of true arrows to remember them by.
After three weeks of travel, most of it being by air, Gaerwn made it to Knighfall, and quickly found Scarlett. Scarlett was a bit baffled at the coincidence, and admittedly didn't believe it so easily at first. However when she saw her in dragon form, all the memories came flooding back, and thus she told Gaerwn all that had happened that day five and a half years ago.

While hunting the remaining members of the Dragonenders Scarlett ended up at one point deep in a mountain blizzard. While seeking shelter from the blizzard she came across a white dragon, and to her horror it was eating dragon eggs. It was in a very good mood and politely offered her one. She then said some things that removed the white dragon's very good mood. It was then that the Dragonender Scarlett had been tracking entered the icy cavern. Seeing a damsel in distress, he quickly dispatched the dragon. Seeing her target, she quickly dispatched the Dragonender. Within a minute or two the life inhabiting the cavern had been eradicated, and all that remained alive was a green dragon, and an unborn song dragon. Scarlett took the remaining egg and tried to save the egg, suddenly filled with compassion for the unborn child. Eventually, the egg hatched, and the weak little thing imprinted on Scarlett. Scarlett, however, would not stay to mother the child. She got it to take the form of a human child and left it at a local temple.

After the story, Scarlett told Gaerwn that her house was always open. Gaerwn decided she would stay with Scarlett for a while, even if the fact that she was a killer was a little discomforting. There was a connection she felt to Scarlett. She stayed with Scarlett and began to learn the way. Now, four months later, they've gone on numerous missions together doing various things. At this point their relationship is like that of an overprotective older sister to a brilliant, but naive, younger one.

Personalitywise, Gaerwn is an perky energy-ball. She's a very honest person who likes to talk with others, but not to manipulate others like Scarlett will. Shell talk for hours, much of the time smiling or laughing with the other person. Many young boys back at the temple started feeling these weird feelings in their chest they had never felt before. Then they'd find out she was under five years old and only pretending to be a fourteen year old to fit in better. She's very mature for her age, and unless you asked someone who knew the truth you'd go right on thinking she was a fourteen year old Nordic girl. Passing for an adult, however, could turn out badly for her.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:17 pm

Do you have a text reference to Song Dragon? If not, afraid I have to deny, since I don't have one either.
Note, asking for a text reference, not a link to the character creator.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 4:26 am

Monsters of Faerun, pg 44
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scarlett (AoOP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlett (AoOP)   Scarlett (AoOP) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scarlett (AoOP)
Page 1 of 1