I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

"The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Empty
PostSubject: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 7:16 am

WIP: I can only define a second racial half in the case of elementals, whereas both this guy's parrents were elves, just different types. If you know what a cormorant is, then you can probably guess what they are! Also, the character generator ran him as a simple half elf, and removed all the specific ones (I actually liked having to take an extra feat just to be allowed to breath air)

Cormanthyr Undersoke II "The Cormorant"
(Actually the XVII, but he doesn't know that. Also, that makes family dating at least 2,550 years, so it does fit the the 10,000 year time frame)
Male Half Aquatic Elf Half Averial Rogue 7
Chaotic Good
Representing Thundersceamer

Physical Description
Spoiler:

Basic Stats
Spoiler:

Speed
Spoiler:

Inventory
Spoiler:

Feats:
Spoiler:

Traits:
Spoiler:

Skills
Spoiler:

Half Aquatic Elf:
Spoiler:

Half Averiel
Spoiler:

Rogue:
Spoiler:

Bio
Spoiler:

In case you still don't understand why he is called The Cormorant,
Spoiler:

Last edited by Thunderscreamer on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:01 am

Race Charts:

Aquatic Half Elves
Racial Traits: Aquatic half-elves have the following racial traits.

Humanoid (Aquatic, Elf): An aquatic half-elf has the aquatic subtype. An aquatic half-elf can breathe underwater. She cannot also breathe air unless she also has the amphibious special quality. She can hold her breath outside the water for 2 rounds per point of Constitution. After that, she begins to suffocate.
Medium: As Medium creatures, aquatic half-elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Aquatic half-elf base land speed is 30 feet.
Aquatic half-elf swim speed is 40 feet. An aquatic half-elf can move through water at her swim speed without making Swim checks. She has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some action or avoid a hazard. She can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. She can use the run action while swimming, provided she swims in a straight line.
Immunity to sleep spells and similar magical effects, and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells or effects.
Low-Light Vision: An aquatic half-elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
+1 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
+2 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks.
+2 racial bonus on Survival checks: Aquatic half-elves spend a great deal of time traveling between elf and human settlements on their diplomacy work, and so are accustomed to surviving in the undersea wilderness.
Elven Blood: For all effects related to race, an aquatic half-elf is considered an elf.
Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass aquatic half-elf takes an experience point penalty, her highest-level class does not count.
Level Adjustment: +0*.
Source: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/UA:Aquatic_Half-Elves

Averians (Winged Elves) >Standard (rather than Elite or Paragon)

+2 Strength +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom: Winged elves are often aloft so they developed better strength and dexterity due to their flight they are more graceful even on land.
Humanoid (elf, feyblood)
Medium-size: No bonuses or penalties however when aloft treat as large size for AC purposes.
Winged elf base land speed is 30 feet: Winged elves have a glide speed of 40ft and a fly speed of (30 at level 1 with average maneuverability 40 at level 5 with good maneuverability and 50 at level 10 with perfect maneuverability).
Flight Reflexes (Ex): 150% Dex modifier when aloft.
+2 to Hide, Spot, Move Silently, Listen, Survival, Search, Knowledge and Perform. These skills are added to a winged elves class list.
Automatic Languages: Elven & Avariel. Bonus Languages: Any (including secret languages but they count as two languages an they can learn old languages[mainly in ancient tomes or ruins])
Favored Class: Druid and Ranger
Level Adjustment: +1 or +2
Source: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Elves,_Winged_%283.5e_Race%29#Racial_Traits

The reason I posted that is because there are no defined half averial that I know of, but it is theoretically possible. I think tthey were just lazy and only gave the ones that would be really popular halves, so yeah, here's a custom half averial, and the origional so that you can see the changes (removals).

Half Averials

+2 Strength +2 Dexterity: Winged elves are often aloft so they developed better strength and dexterity due to their flight they are more graceful even on land.
Humanoid (Elven Blood)
Medium-size: No bonuses or penalties however when aloft treat as large size for AC purposes.
Winged elf base land speed is 30 feet: Winged elves have a glide speed of 40ft and a fly speed of (30 at level 1 with average maneuverability, 40 at level 7 with good maneuverability and 50 at level 15 with perfect maneuverability).
Flight Reflexes (Ex): 150% Dex modifier when aloft.
+2 to Hide, Spot, Move Silently, Listen, Survival, Search, Knowledge and Perform. These skills are added to a winged elves class list.
Automatic Languages: Elven & Avariel. Bonus Languages: Any (including secret languages but they count as two languages an they can learn old languages[mainly in ancient tomes or ruins])
Favored Class: Ranger
Level Adjustment: +0

Changes from Normal Averial:
Higher level required for improvement on flight speed
No Wisdom Bonus
No level adjustment bonus
No Favored Druid Class

Anything else you want me to change?

Last edited by Thunderscreamer on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton
I Had Dylan's Babies For Dinner!

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:13 am

....What is this for?
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:15 am

OH!

*Facepalm*

Fires of Creation
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:18 am

You're making two characters, as well?

*facepalms*

Bloody Christ...
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:29 am

No, I couldn't get the other guy fully approved, so I'm ditching him Sad
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:33 am

Oh. Dude, no, don't do that. Hawk did that. Be better than Hawk.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:59 am

He isn't fully approved, and if I can't have all of him I don't want him at all. I'll reuse him for a future game, just not this one.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:18 pm

Thank god. For a minute I thought you were playing a second rogue. I thought we were gonna be like, a three rogue party. It was starting to turn into Lord of the Rings, where half the party is composed of Hobbits that can't fight, but can hide really frickin' well. =P
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Aquarius Posts : 1187

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:54 am

Odd how Nik really likes Elves and Orga really likes Orcs
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:56 am

Really? Really?
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:56 am

Yes, Gnome boy.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:05 am

Hey. I only have one Gnome character. One Gnome, one Fey, one unintroduced, one Drow and two Human. Don't think I've missed any. That's a pretty good spread, I think.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:08 am

....You're a gnome lover.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 6:59 am

Hrnnn...
Well, I can see that you did do SOME editing to the Avarian race for the half-Averian thing...However, the way I see it, its still not nearly enough to take away the ECL added, especially combined with Half-Aquatic Elf. As well, with a bit of research, going by PURE D&D Elf types actually dont mix, they only breed one or the other(apparently), though considering this isn't really a Pure D&D world I'll let that slide. If you want something like this, though, because of the ability to both fly and swim innately, without all that much of a change elsewhere, Im gonna have to impose a ECL of...Hm...+4.
Also, since you seemed to think its a bonus, ECL really isn't. What this means is, your character is a level 7 currently, but he'll level up like a level 11. Which is actually a penalty, since it means it'll take you longer to reach level 8(you'll need as much experience as it'd take you to otherwise reach level 12, and then after that you'll need the experience to reach level 13 in order to get your ninth level, ect.). I'll let him in, but just know you'll be getting levels a lot slower than the rest of the team.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:19 am

Yeah, when i first saw that I thought it was the opposite, that I got some kind of bonus when playing as an Averiel and leveled up faster.

Just to make things fair though, I'm thinking +1 for half Averial and +3 for multiracial elf because the main reason for the +4 you said was flying and swimming.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:48 am

To be fair, the flying and swimming is pretty much the shtick of those two Elf Species anyways. It amounts to the same, though. Yer Effective Character Level's 11.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:15 am

I know, and that's what I said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)   "The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The Cormorant" (Fires of Creation)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I Wanna Cast a Spell... :: The Guest List-
Jump to: