I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My First Dungeon Crawl

Go down 
+2
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton
Trollface
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

My First Dungeon Crawl Empty
PostSubject: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 12:07 pm

Year: 243 Western Standard
Mendon. A continent of steam and mind. A land of expansive Empires and shattered Republics. A land that you call home.
In specific, you are a Citizen of Silli, an ancient empire with a great history of psychic prowess. The Tekkians, the only other empire of any real strength on the continent, have always been envious of your powers, claiming that the simple dull dusk which suits the demeanor of the mentally gifted is a dark bitter night next to the gleaming daylight of their empire of brass and steam, ignoring how your Elven beauty shrouds their meager appeal as humans and dwarves so often do. Not that such things really matter, there hasn't been a war in hundreds of years. Two hundred and forty three years, to be precise. Of course, what with the recent discovery of a new continent to the East by the nautical adventurings of the infamous Captain Nathaniel Worley and his crew aboard the Obsydian Swine, a land they named Wilicia, a new flare of tension would be far from surprising.
A fact which makes the arrival of a letter from the Sillian Ministry of Choice all the more unsettling. It is unusual for the government to have direct contact with its' people at all, but specifically those of a more... combative persuasion, such as yourself? Alas, as should be expected, the note itself holds little clue to what is actually expected of you. All the information it offers is a time and place. The Ministry of Choice Home Office in Costar, mid day. Which is why you are hear now. The solid oak doors at the base of this fine gothic architecture seem a little unwelcoming, but such is the nature of your the Ministry. The golems atop the walls seem to be peering into your very soul asking you the same question you should be asking yourself. What do you do?

Character Requirements:
Level 10.
All characters must have at least one level of a psychic/psionic class (or alternatively any race with latent psionic power points is also acceptable).
No characters may have any levels in a magic wielding class or divine spell casters (although spell-like abilities are fine).
Preferred characters are Elven or Fey. But that's up to you, of course. Hell, if you really want, you can be a Vampiric Half Dragon Thri-Kreen, I guess. I'm not stopping you.
Yes, I do expect backstory. Lazy blagards.
Continuity must be set to Collonia ONLY.

Additional: To avoid the normal arguments we end up having, I will be playing the part of a healer for this adventure, so feel free to build your characters however you wish. This doesn't mean you can't build a healer of course. I can't guarantee mine will be a good healer, after all, since she will be my first psionic healer. In fact, my first psionic character, period. Except that one time I played a soulknife. Let's not talk about that.
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
I Had Dylan's Babies For Dinner!

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:18 am

'What the hell, I'm asking myself questions? I don't have time for questions!'
I ball my clawed hand into a fist and bang on the door and shout, to get the attention of the people inside.
"Barka arf arf, woofa bark arfa!" I yell, unable to speak human tongue whilst in hybrid form.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Aquarius Posts : 1187

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:18 am

I watch as the small person besides me changes form. I raise my eyebrows in surprise and slowly take another drought of ale from my wonderfully handcrafted ale flagon - ie, my hollowed out tree branch. Luckily for me, I did carve it out myself lest some feisty tree huggers put any tea in it.

I let out a deep, satisfied sigh and promptly lent my weight on the door frame.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:00 am

I 'walk' towards the large structure, really appearing to be more of gliding on the surface of the ground. After I actually get to the door itself, I then shift my gaze to the two next to me, saying in a guttural voice,"I do not believe that banging incessantly upon the door shall make it open any faster, Werecreature. As for you...You wouldn't happen to know of a shadier place to rest while we wait for our summoners? The sunlight is...rather strong for my tastes, today."
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:03 am

Everybody roll Listen and Spot. Zak, roll Performance (beer chugging) and Fortitude. =P
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:07 am

Rollin', rollin' roooollin' down the highway...
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:07 am

The member 'Hiro Dark' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 20
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:09 am

For future reference, you can use the post to say which roll is which, and what your mods are... I'll assume it was listen first then spot.
Also... I think I just spotted another way to roll... God dammit. *Points at the dice button*
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:12 am

Zak carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
+ 8

+ 3

+ 9

+ 7
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:32 am

Zak throws his head back to take a swig of ale and epically misses, pouring the content into his eye and temporarily blinding himself. Fortunately, since he didn't actually consume any alcohol, he doesn't manage to get drunk. While he scrabbles to regain self-control, you both hear a noise coming from above the doorway. Zak is, of course, incapacitated, however, should Hiro choose to look up, he will have no trouble identifying the source of the noise as one of the gargoyles adorning the roof preparing to jump to the ground. Orga is still to roll, but you are both welcome to converse IC until that point.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:48 am

The gorgeous brown ale pierces and burns my eyes with more passion then a man trapped at sea pursuing a lusty fantasy lizard wench hallucination. Ah, well, you know what I mean. It burned. I stumbled back saying "ACH MAH EYES!" Whilst clutching my large hand to my face. "WHY HAVE YOU BETRAYED ME?" I asked my lucky flagon.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:02 pm

With my newfound clarity(tm), I see the gargoyle's shadows, and look up to see them fast descending. Immediately afterward, I look around for a shady area to be able to do battle with the gargoyles, should they come after me, while also looking for something better than my little short sword to fight them off with. As well, I form a idea in my mind, in relation to the pain of the person nearby, saying to them,"This good man here will probably be much more tasty than I or the Werecreature here to go after, for his eyes have just found themselves glazed in what would appear to be a fine ale. Therefor, I should think that he should be your target, and not I."
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:12 pm

Zak, roll to find out how delicious your eyeballs smell.

The Gargoyle appears to be waiting to see the werewolf's reaction before it makes its' move, and as such, doesn't respond to Hiro's taunting just yet.
Hiro is fortunate enough to spot that there is a large oak tree only a few feet away whose leaves blot out a large area, should the need arise, he could probably reach it in a couple of seconds. As for special weapons, other than the weapons his companions-to-be carry and the Psionic Dagger of Malicious Detection hanging from the gargoyles belt, he sees nothing that would be a better weapon than what he already has on him.

For those wondering, this is a continuation of Hiro's nat 20 on spot.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:17 pm

I glare at the man through the the stinging of my eyes. "Glazed? GLAZED? You don't glaze with ale! YOU DRINK ALE!" I was flabbergasted how this thing could even begin to think of glazing eyeballs, let alone mine, with ale! I grumble and stand up, wiping the ale out of my likely very red eyes with my sleeve.

eyeball tastiness smell
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Do we really have to name the bloody replies? i mean, I like being able to do it and all but still...   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Spot
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
+8

Listen
+8

I become highly enraged by the lack of door answering by the people inside the building and start agitating the matter to make it burn or explode. "RAAAAAARG!" I yell loudly.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:33 am

Grelgorath catches a glimpse of the gargoyle moving above him and hears a faint sound from the other side of the door. Alas, his knocking muffles any attempt to decipher what it may be. Orga, roll Concentration for Matter Agitation.

The Gargoyle jumps down from the rooftop, landing a few feet from Gelgorath. Everyone roll will (if you wish to initiate combat, state so and roll init).

Zak, roll fortitude to see if you've recovered your eyesight yet.
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Antoher title another day...   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:36 am

Con
+3
Will
+16
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:47 am

You don't notice any effect on the door yet, however you are drained one power point (the power's cost). Would you like to continue attempting to manifest your power?
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:49 am

Yes, and, I know.

Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:45 am

Once everyone else has rolled their will saves, you can roll up your concentration again to see if you maintain. Or you can roll it beforehand, but I won't narrate until everyone else is caught up. =P
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:53 am

Wiiiiiiill Saaaaaaave Poooowwwaaaaaahhhh +13
Hiro carried out 1 launched of one d20 :

And, of course, Initiative +10
Hiro carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:57 am

Fort- +12
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:20 am

Zak, you recover from your self abuse with ease. Should you care to look up, you notice the terrifying sight of a mildly translucent creature with tentacles and wings and evil towering over you. You still need to make your will check. =P

I'll explain the outcome of the will check once everyone's rolled. I'll roll initiative for the gargoyle, since he's being pulled into combat, apparently. If it's higher than Hiro's, I'll double post. Otherwise, Hiro, it's your turn.

+5
Trollface carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:27 am

After the attempted(and still possibly succeeded) attack on my [insert attacked body part here], I make a beeline for the shade of the tree, and immediately point at the gargoyle, which is the only culprit obvious to me which would have possibly attacked. "Flying Golem of stone and rock, if you desire to challenge me, then be warned that I shall not go easy upon you!" Despite my accusation, however, I do not assault the perceived foe, and wait for it to come to me.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:29 am

+ 16 for will
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First Dungeon Crawl   My First Dungeon Crawl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My First Dungeon Crawl
Page 1 of 41Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next