I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Encounters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Encounters   Encounters Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:21 am

Okay, so, I know I was all "I hate being a DM, go die in a fire" (I may be paraphrasing somewhat), but I figure running people through some quick combat scenarios (and by quick, I mean not very quick) should help get you all more accustomed to how the whole combat thing works. While combat isn't necessarily the focus of the game, it is, at the same time, almost impossible to have a fun game that doesn't involve it, and there's nothing more frustrating than a spellcaster who insists on wearing heavy armour because they don't understand combat.
Which is kind of expected, since most of you haven't really done much combat (yes Jeebus, I know this does not include you =P ).

So, I am not 100% sure how I'm gonna run this yet. It's probably gonna get reworked a couple of times, so that I can use it to demonstrate whatever I feel like people need to understand better at the time. I may also pass it off to other people to run for a while, since it's not storyline driven at all.
But this is gonna be how I work it to begin with...

Basically, right now, I just want people to get an idea as to what part of the party really suits their play style, and maybe pick up some understanding of why I'm always like "party balance is really important guys!" So, I'm gonna say, anyone that wants to play, roll up a five man party.
Yeah, that will take a little time, I know.
For what I'm gonna refer to as "Season One", it'll most likely be straight out PvP, maybe with the occasional NPC thrown in for fun times. I'll post up a map, pick the teams that are gonna play it, and give you the objective. Most likely, that objective will be "kill the other team on the map". Simple concept, just to give you an idea as to what roll each person plays in the party, and to help you figure out what character you actually enjoy playing.

Anyone interested in the idea? If so, for the minute I'm working with ECL 10, no undead (because there's some weird stuff with some types of undead, like ghosts, and I'd rather not have hour long discussions about the technicalities. I just want people to punch each other to death, really).
If you're not interested, I'm happy to hear why not, and I'll try and make the idea more appealing to you for "Season Two".
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounters   Encounters Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 9:46 am

Zak! Hiro! You're up!

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mapofweek/TheArenaLevel.jpg
This is the map for round one. I... might end up adding a sub-section for this, so I can run more than one at once. We'll see.

Zak will be starting in room 12, Hiro in room 11. More specifically than that is up to you where your team start. Roll initiative (and feel free to mark the map up to show where you are).
The objective of today's map will be... kick the other teams' ass. For the minute, we'll stick with straight out combat scenarios. Expect other scenarios later.
Same scale as usual, naturally.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Aquarius Posts : 1187

Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounters   Encounters Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Uragh-
Zak carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
+ 7 INIT
Ta'akur
+ 6 INIT
Silva
+ 5 INIT
Li-Jou
+8 INIT
Leon
+2 INIT

Uragh moves forward with her composite bow out, Ta'akur moves behind her with his heavy crossbow out. Silva moves forward in front of them with her hand crossbow out, alongside Li-Jou, carrying his composite bow. Finally came Leon who moved behind those two, carrying his spear. Silva is trying to move silently.
Uragh-Pink
Ta'akur- Black
Silva- Red
Leon - Blue
Encounters 25oxnyg
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounters   Encounters Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:58 am

Sara:+4
Hiro carried out 1 launched of one d20 :

Zero:+1

Hiro:+4

Suzy:+3

Janice:+3

https://2img.net/h/oi44.tinypic.com/51xdt2.jpg
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounters   Encounters Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:24 am

I actually meant for you both to be inside the rooms, but I guess all you would have done is left anyway. =P

Initiative order as follows:

Ta'akur
Li-Jou
Hiro
Uragh/Janice - Roll me an unmodded tie breaker for these two (d20).
Silva
Sara
Zero
Leon
Suzy

Ta'akur to move (Your choice which goes first out of Ta and Li, Zak).
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Aquarius Posts : 1187

Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounters   Encounters Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:25 am

Encounters 33xhiyb
Obviously, all my characters move up.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounters   Encounters Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:24 am

IMPLEMENTING 3 DAY RULE!

If you do not post withing 3 days, you loose your turn. Seriously, Hiro, otherwise you'll never post again, except maybe ones to attempt to prove me wrong, but never again afterward! Seriously. Dylan, what do you say?
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounters   Encounters Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:08 pm

I am very tempted to take you up on that.
But more likely what I'll do is create a subforum for Encounters, and split each fight into a separate thread. Then it doesn't matter if one person just stops posting, because you can just forget about that particular game and play a different one with someone who's actually around instead.
This... this actually fills the spot Guild of Martyrs was supposed to fill, if I can do it right. Only with much less effort from me, and much more effort from you guys. Which works out pretty well. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounters   Encounters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Encounters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I Wanna Cast a Spell... :: The Main Hall :: Encounters-
Jump to: