I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do Empty
PostSubject: Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do   Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:24 am

So, I've kinda been going back and forth over this idea for a while. If you don't like the idea, don't go crazy, because I also don't like the idea. It would just make things a lot less... frustrating some of the time.

Basically, for the games I'm GMing, I wanna suggest having a two week rule. If you don't post in a two week period without some kind of "I'm gonna be away don't be a douche" message, the GM takes control of your character until your return.
I... have never liked the whole thing with controlling other people's characters, but it drives me insane when weeks go by at a time with some characters just not having any input, and it slows us down a lot. I can't really think of a fairer way to do it, but I'm open for suggestions.

So yeah, what do people think? Two weeks is too long? Too short? The entire idea is awful, because taking control of someone else's character really sucks? This actually isn't going to be a problem because everyone is gonna post more often than me from now on?
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do   Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:46 am

Two weeks is too long, make it a week?
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Aquarius Posts : 1187

PostSubject: Re: Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do   Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:10 am

I agree with this. A week would be a good way to force inactive members into some form of activity.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do   Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:37 am

It's not about forcing anyone to do anything. That's the exact opposite of what I want to do. This was the only way I could find to leave people choice without leaving things stagnate. I want things to keep moving, but at the same time, people shouldn't have to do anything they don't want to.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do   Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:38 am

Yeah!
Hiro -.-
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do   Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Bump. This idea really needs more discussion. I don't wanna implement it, but the lack of responses to it I think demonstrates the point it makes nicely.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do   Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm all for it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do   Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Stuff I Don't Really Wanna Do
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I Wanna Cast a Spell... :: The Lobby-
Jump to: