I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Assassins of OPness

Go down 
+4
Zak
Hiro
Jeebus
Trollface
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Assassins of OPness Empty
PostSubject: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 12:52 am

AoO is set in the Arid Spark universe, prior to the collapse, incase anyone was wondering.

Knightfall. Mightiest of the Free Cities of the Oror Pastureland. Knightfall holds some of the world's greatest beauty, in architectural and engineering feats, in art, in culture, in sophistication. It is a grand, massive city, and is one of the world's strongest trade hotspots.
Of course, being such an economic delight in the world has its' downsides. While there are many wealthy caravaneers and trade conglomerates, there are also the other side of things. Knightfall has its' own share of scum, many of whom find employ amongst the world's financial elite. After all, when your government is built around encouraging the creme of society, sometimes you have to overlook basic human rights to make life up the top more comfortable. And what right is easier to lose than that to live?
Knightfall is a city of guilds and mercenaries. You are fortunate enough to be part of one of the strongest of these: The assassin's guild, known as The Obsidian Rose. Yes, you've made your way in the world by killing people you've never met and know nothing about, but then, what profession can truly say they know everything about the people they hurt anyway? You're just a bit more honest about it than most, right?
Certainly more honest than The Honourable Guild of Thieves, or The Gentleman's Alliance of Crooks and Miscreants, who are the other two big guilds in Knightfall. The guilds don't really get on, mostly because it's not always obvious where the dividing line between them is. But then, you personally can kick just about anyone's ass, so who cares?
Alas, you can't sit around, chit-chatting about the state of the world you live in. You're on your way to be assigned a job. Must be important, for them to get you of all people out of bed.

Reqirements:
Level 25 character, at least one level of Assassin (you must meet the pre-reqs)
Go wild with basic equipment, and on top you can also get 890,500gp starting gold to spend as you wish here. You can, of course, just keep the money, if you'd prefer (or if it's what your character would do). Any excess cash you have after buying your equipment, you get to keep. Sweet, right?
No undead. Just 'cause the rules on the subject can be kinda wonky. Especially with stuff like Ghost or Vampire. Perhaps by special request, if you really have your heart set on something.
Your character must be a member of the Assassin's Guild, obviously. =P
You must be well acquainted with at least one other party member (it's up to individuals to agree on the terms of this. And obviously whoever posts up first doesn't need to think about this).
Don't go worrying about party balance. I am being a nice DM today (of course, if you want to really kick maximum ass, you need to think about party balance).
Usual backstory crap.

Any questions, you know what to do.
(Also, to anyone who knew this was in the works, sorry it took so long. Work has been crazy this last week)
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:46 am

I calmly stroll along towards where the jobs are assigned, my precious familiar on my shoulder. I have my aura inactive, otherwise mofos would be flying about everywhere
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:28 pm

Sara flits through the air towards the place that the jobs are being assigned. Not that she had a time limit or needed to go fast, of course. But flying had its own rewards, its own freedoms, and when you fly, you dont simply meander along. Leave that to the guys stuck on the ground, having to move around obstacles and make their way through crowds. If you're going to fly over it all instead, though, then you're just wasting time by moving slowly. And when you've got a job offer, well, its usually not best to waste time you got.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Aquarius Posts : 1187

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:00 am

As he hears the door open, Zezio sits up straight, suddenly alert and rolls off the enourmous mound of gold that compromised his bed. He yawned and put on his armour and other equipment. After all, one couldnt be too careful even in the halls of the Assassin's Guild. I mean, the gnomes are probably going to come after me eventually after I stole that ring, he reasoned and slipped the gold band of invisibility onto his finger.

"La dee dah dee dah." He sang loudly in his over the top scottish accent that is not at all similar to a daedric prince or anything. As he did so he walked out of the door and caught sight of a familiar, if small face. "FAMILIAR!" He cried joyously, running up to the pixie and attempting to bear hug her.

Back to top Go down
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton
I Had Dylan's Babies For Dinner!

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:23 am

Blight appears behind Borin' Morin, wearing his mask and a fur cloak over his FULLPLATE armor. ^,,,^ He looks down at the rest of the group. Literally, seeing as he's a good two feet taller than anyone else there.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:49 am

(Almost there guys, sorry for the wait. Probably have this started by the end of the week. In the mean time, Arman shows up! =3 )

Arman awoke on the old pile of rags in his single roomed apartment, head spinning a little. After taking a few minutes to gather his thoughts, grab something to eat and drink, and get his game face on, he went to check the mail. It was always a pleasant surprise to find he had a job, and today was both a pleasant and surprising day. A quick flick of his wrist, a mumbled incantation, and a gentle dive out the window (the hinges on the door were so rusted from years of not being used that it was probably impossible to use it now anyway), and Arman was in flight, darting between the buildings of Knightfall like an unseen angel of death, riding the currents of the wind happily.
Eventually, Arman landed in the foyer of the Rose's Guild Hall, dropping in through the roof like many of the emplyees chose to do, landing next to one of the building's many expensive Fountains of Cure Light Wounds (a fountain containing an awful lot of potion rather than water), and strolled through the corridors towards the assignments office. Through force of habit, every so often he would refresh his invisibility, despite knowing that it was hardly perfect cover in such a place. After all, it didn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Lynderp
White Stain
Lynderp

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:51 am

(A wild TENEBRIS appears! =3)

Tenebris woke from a short, but restful sleep this morning, his slinky feline familiar snoozing on his chest. He would get no further into his catnap thoguh, as Tenebris began to shape up for the day. A length of time later, and he was walking down the steps of the inn, dressed in finely-tailoured clothes, light stubble on his face, silver-white hair cut short, and a formely snoozing cat trailing behind his feet. A paper was held in his hand. This piece of parchment was all the proof he needed to show that coming back to this hellhole was a damn good idea. The Obsidian Rose was calling for him, and he was so very ready.
Tenebris slinked through Knightfall, as easily as he could ever do in his childhood, asides from the slight limp from his left leg. Once eventually in sight of the Rose, he took a few moments to assess it, and then scooped up his familiar, and grabbed ahold of a civilian's shoulder with his free hand. Tenebris did what seemingly looked like melting into the poor person, wisps of blood pulling him in. And then he was gone, and the victim of his Bloodwalk left completely flabbergasted.
It was but a few steps for him before Tenebris could see again, and light from the Rose splashed across his face and clothes and black fur of his familiar as he exited through some other poor sod.
"Ah...", he muttered, with the smugness of a thousand cats. Tenebris always loved doing that.

(By the way, guys, just wanted to brag tell you that I rolled randomly to see who he'd bloodwalk out of. =P =3)
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:08 am

(To anyone interested - Lyndan did rolls to find out who he'd step out of. Istus wants to see drama, it would seem =P )

Arman screamed a manly scream as the man stepped out of his face. This was the first time he'd had contact with a blood mage, and it took a moment to realise what had happened. Leaning against the wall, panting, he began to shout at the suave lunatic in front of him, forgetting his less than visible state..
"Wha' the hell do you think yer playin' at, yeh nonce? Yer gunna end up with a knife-shaped hole in the back o' yer fiiiiine silk shirt!"
He then spat at him, for good measure.

Ranged Attack - Gobbing (+19 ranged, +2 flanking):
Trollface carried out 1 launched of one d20 :

(If that hits your touch AC, Lyndan, you just got spit on. You're welcome =P )
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:46 am

Though Blight was surprised at the sight of what appeared to be a sorcerer stepping out of an invisible man. He watched as the wispy man(for that was how all invisible objects appeared to him) spat at him and smiled. "Such interesting going ons, in this house of death" he said to his lord.
Back to top Go down
Lynderp
White Stain
Lynderp

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:56 am

Tenebris' eyebrows furrow down in a scowl, and he opened his mouth to make a venomous reply as he turned around, only to find no one was there. The lack of a physical for him to see stopped the remark in his throat, scowl turning into an almost confused expression.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:09 am

I hear the obnoxious rogue approach me, and I draw my flail and proceed to maul him as he approaches!

Attack!:+27
Hiro carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:10 am

Oh uhm and I should note that its kinda impossible for Orga to be towering over me, considering that Im flying. Razz
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:31 am

You hit the Assassin's feeble AC. Roll damage.
Then, if the two of you intend to continue fighting, roll initiative. =P

Due to unlucky rolling, Arman doesn't recognise Tenebris. He decides to mess with him by stealing his kitty. Roll grapple (or escape artist) for your feline friend. =P

Grapple(+21):
Trollface carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:03 am

DAMAGE
+10
Hiro carried out 1 launched of one d8 :

Edit:Wrong dice rolled, my bad
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:12 am

You get a nice solid hit in the middle of the Assassin's chest.
Back to top Go down
Lynderp
White Stain
Lynderp

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:30 am

Due to some odd oversight in the making of the Cat, Saxhleel has no skill points in Escape Artist, and automatically fails the grapple/escape artist check. =P

Tenebris, sharing an empathic link with his feline friend, immediately feels the cat's emotions towards his captor, and casts see invisibility on himself, in an effort to find out just who the bloody hell this ass was.

"Don't touch 'im", he shouts, glaring poisonously in the direction his cat was struggling, but (thanks to some better rolling =P and simple rolepaying logic) his expression slowly turned to a blank stare, a small frown tugging at the corners of his mouth. "... Arman." His tone was expressionless, more of a statement to himself than anything.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:35 am

Arman instantly paused, cat half way off Tenebris' shoulder.
"Do ai know yer?"
Back to top Go down
Lynderp
White Stain
Lynderp

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:41 am

"Are you... damn kidding me?" He looked at him with wide eyes.
Certainly, Tenebris had changed quite a bit, but Arman... looked the same, if not older, and with a slight green tint to his skin.
"Yes, you know me, you ass."
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:46 am

Arman put the cat down and studied Tenebris' face for a minute, stroking his chin thoughtfully.
"Din't you use ta deal on th' corner o' Fore Street?"
Back to top Go down
Lynderp
White Stain
Lynderp

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 7:05 am

Tenebris stared at him for a few brief moments, then out of nowhere, he swung a hard punch at his face.

Falcoooon PAWNCH! (Melee Touch Attack) (+12 unarmed)
Lynderp carried out 1 launched of one d20 :

"I am NOT a goddamn drug dealer!"
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 7:17 am

Tenebris whiffs. (Also, to anyone watching, yes. Me and Lyndan both meant flatfooted, not touch. We are full of derp. =P )

Arman looks distinctly unimpressed as Tenebris swings wide, completely missing him.
"Apparently you aren't a brawler either."
He pauses for a moment, sniffing the air, tasting the aura that spilled from the spell he'd cast, and letting his Detect Magic do its' work.
"Your magic does smell pretty familiar though..."
He paused, as the faint hint of iron in the magic caught his tongue, the salty, bitter taste... after a moment it was clear to him there was blood on his scent. Blood on his hands. He recoiled, realising he stood face to face with a blood mage. This could mean only one thing...
"You're a fucking vampire!"
Back to top Go down
Lynderp
White Stain
Lynderp

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 7:36 am

"You fucking dumbass!", Tenebris growled.
He stumbled to the side, carried by the momentum of his (suckass) swing. Another fist came flying towards Arman on the recovery.

Moar fists! (melee touch attack; for reals this time =P) (+12 base attack bonus)
Lynderp carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 7:45 am

This time, Arman failed to dodge, and was forced to bring an arm infront of his face, his Bracer of Armour saving him from injury. Several people were now stopping in the hallway to watch Tenebris punching thin air, and listen as the thin air talked back.
"Hey, yer better watch it bub, er nex' time, you an' pus'n'boots 're goin' for a li'l dive out th' window. See if yer kitty still lands on 'is feet!"
Back to top Go down
Lynderp
White Stain
Lynderp

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:12 am

Tenebris glowered like a lover scorned, jade eyes venomous.
"You already did it once. Might as well do it again."
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:25 am

Arman hesitated for a moment, then a look of understanding crossed his face, quickly followed by anger at the attacks by his former friend.
"Teny? Yer come back, an' th' firs' thing yer try an' do is hit me?! What th' fuck?!"
Arman swings around and storms off, pushing a rather shocked and confused young man out the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assassins of OPness   Assassins of OPness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assassins of OPness
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next