I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Team Riordan for Season 1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Team Riordan for Season 1 Empty
PostSubject: Team Riordan for Season 1   Team Riordan for Season 1 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:25 pm

Hitter
Spoiler:
He is exactly like Zak in every way! =P
Grifter
Spoiler:
O is for on the daaaark side! 'cause we have some fresh cookies! Coooooookies! WHOO!
Hacker
Spoiler:

Theif
Spoiler:
Yes, I did it. 2 Zelda references and a Latin joke in the name alone. I am such a nerd.
Mastermind
Spoiler:

Last edited by Thunderscreamer on Tue May 01, 2012 8:58 am; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Aquarius Posts : 1187

PostSubject: Re: Team Riordan for Season 1   Team Riordan for Season 1 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:09 am

Really? Leverage style? Razz
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: Team Riordan for Season 1   Team Riordan for Season 1 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:17 am

That and, Minotaur have a level adjustment of +2 and the half dragon has a +3.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Team Riordan for Season 1   Team Riordan for Season 1 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:10 am

As Zak said. A couple of other points too...
Dragons can't appear in a fully human form, traditionally. You've spent too much time reading Darken. =P
Weapon Focus requires a weapon choice (grapple, unarmed and ray are all viable choices. I point this out because, for a spellcaster, ray is a pretty popular choice).
Ranger needs to make spell choices at some point.
Sorcerer's spells per day is different to their number of known spells (and as a result, they don't need to double up on spells. They can use any of the spells they know at any time, provided they have enough spells per day of the right level remaining). Known spells is a set number per level, and can be found here on the second table:
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Sorcerer

I think that's everything I spotted. If I notice anything else I'll come point it out. Glad to see the party looking this well rounded early on though.
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: Team Riordan for Season 1   Team Riordan for Season 1 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:10 am

Nik, I very much advise you to double check things on the wiki. A lot of the time, the character creator does not show the level adjustment which can lead to cases where you have to redo the char.
But, according the wiki, True Dragons (IE Chromantic and Metallic) can change form a certain number of times a day. This does not carry over to half dragons at all, though.

Last edited by Zak on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Team Riordan for Season 1   Team Riordan for Season 1 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:11 am

Yeah, it has a tendency to miss out other details too, which can be really, really frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: Team Riordan for Season 1   Team Riordan for Season 1 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 12:03 pm

As for the minotaur, I rolled him as a level 8 first due to the level adjustment, and then according to the generator there was no extra effective level. I was frustrated at this, and rerolled him as a ten. Now I'm going to go strangle Pathguy. Mad

Half dragon's +3 is already included. Level 7 +3 =10. 10 is still our level to hit, right?

Anyway, I was doing the Leverage referance, but a play on it. Mastermind was going to be psionics, and Betty Shocker was grifter because she looked like a little old lady, but was a raging huge monster (and the fact that her hair stayed the same curly white in both forms solidified her as the type of villain in Percy Jackson, so that's why it's called team Riordan).
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: Team Riordan for Season 1   Team Riordan for Season 1 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:04 pm

Pretty much done. Do you mind that I added the custom feat "Can appear as a nice old lady with cookies" to Shocker's feats? Seeing as we will be spending the whole time in a dungeon and not a town full of NPCs I don't think it'll be something useful (It just is important to my character image)
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Team Riordan for Season 1   Team Riordan for Season 1 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:04 pm

Sorry, didn't notice that you'd finished. That feat's absolutely fine. I'll take a look through everything shortly.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Team Riordan for Season 1   Team Riordan for Season 1 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:10 pm

Okay, I've taken a look over it, and have a couple of notes on it, but mostly it's fine.

You're correct about Genasi, to the best of my knowledge. I can't find a reference that says they have a level adjustment, so it's probably just a typo (there seem to be a lot of those. Especially with regards to ECl).

There's no advantage to doubling up sorcerer spells, since they're learned spells. A sorcerer can cast any spell they know whenever (provided they can cast more spells of that level each day), so, yeah. You have a couple more spell choices you can make. Have fun with that. You can do more than you thought. =P

You're using the Dragonblood Class, which is distinctly different to the Dragonblood Subtype (you can be the class if you want, but all the levels you've taken have been Fighter levels =P ).
Basically the dragonblood subtype makes it so that effects that affect or target dragons function on dragonbloods, and you can use items meant for creatures of the dragon type, but don't qualify for anything else that requires that type. You also qualify for feats that require the dragonblood subtype.
So, um, you can be a Dragonblood and all, but yeah. It does something entirely different to what you think it does. =P

Also, the last one isn't really essential, but I thought I'd point it out anyway. A party without a healer is in major trouble. In particular, Psionic Revivify is completely useless to you (it brings the target to -1 hitpoints, and they are stable), since it will leave you with an unconscious team member who can't come around for an hour at fastest (and that's assuming you have someone that can make a DC100 heal check reliably in combat). I mean, don't get me wrong, it's entirely possible to get by without a healer, but you're looking at avoiding getting hit ever, or they will simply whittle away your team. Particularly if they targeted Tan early on, with his low AC and hitpoints. Even Tael would also make an easy target early on. A five against four battle is always going to be easier. Just something to think about.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: Team Riordan for Season 1   Team Riordan for Season 1 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:21 am

...Darn. I was really liking this whole dragonblooded subtype where you eventually turn into a dragon and all. As a being with red dragon blood do I still get immunity to fire?

Anyway, Tan is supposed to be a healer. That's why he has Body adjustment. It heals, I think 1d6 for every power point I spend?
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Team Riordan for Season 1   Team Riordan for Season 1 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:28 am

Alas, no fire immunity for dragonbloods. They get shit all, to be honest. It really kinda sucks for anything apart from storyline stuff, TBH.

1d12, actually. But it only targets the caster. For healing others though? Your best bet is Empathic Transfer (which you can find here in this magic bracket link). Maybe Psionic Repair Damage, if you have a Warforged in your party.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Riordan for Season 1   Team Riordan for Season 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Riordan for Season 1
Page 1 of 1