I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arid Spark

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton
I Had Dylan's Babies For Dinner!

Aries Dog

Arid Spark - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:47 am

"So, what exactly is your plan on how to kill these things?"
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:32 am

You manage to follow the tracks with ease. They lead some way out into the desert, where there appears to be a rocky outcrop. Alas, from here they moved into the rocks, and their trail becomes more difficult to follow. Since this has taken you over a mile, a second survival roll is required to continue at this point.
(For the record, they're giant scorpions, and they're walking on sand. If you'd failed the roll, I would have been sincerely impressed) =P
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:35 am

"Depends on where we find them. A battle on sand must be conducted differentlythan, say, in a rocky area. I don't think I'll make a actual plan until we find them."

Survival:+14
Hiro carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:44 am

It's hard work following a trail through rocks. Footprints are all but impossible to find, and the sand whipped up by the powerful desert wind corrodes near on any marks left on the rocks. Fortunately for you, you are an expert tracker. You manage to follow the trail with ease, spotting every faint marking in the dust, tasting scorpion excrement for hints at where their dietary requirements might lead them, and even spotting the occasional scraping from a scale.
Of course, you could have just got wolfy to follow the scent trail. But what fun would that have been?

Eventually you find yourself hidden behind a large boulder, with a pair of scorpions out in the middle of the desert ahead of you. You are only a couple of miles out of town, but it seems clear to you that, even if you do manage to take them down, hauling the carcasses back is going to be a monumental task. Each scorpion is at least fifty foot in girth, and neither of them is exactly under-fed.
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:45 am

"Okay, so what's your plan for fighting them in this terrain, oh mighty tracker?"
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:05 am

She rolls her eyes, and asks,"What are both of your specialties? I can attack them from afar, so if you're able to keep them distracted, I should be able to hit them from a distance. Or if either of are well-versed in the ways of offensive or debilitating magic, we could use those such spells to inflict damage upon them in conjunction. I honestly don't know much about either of your capabilities aside that you appear to be a fighter and a knight of some kind."
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 5:31 am

I guess I am taking control of Zak's character for this. Dammit, I wanted you guys to get through at least one fight on your own!

"I serve Dadel. Through me, His healing wind blows. I can channel some of his power to our cause, if it will help us on our journey."

The DM cringes slightly. Boy, do I just love playing paladins. <<
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:10 am

"Well, I can fly. So I suppose that might help." I flex my wings a bit to accentuate that fact. "Although, I imagine they would swat me out of the sky before I got too close..."
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:14 am

Ha! Paladin is far too Paladiny to suggest SNEAK ATTACK! =P
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 1:18 pm

She nods, heeding the advice of the winged warrior. "Alright...Do you happen to have any form of ranged weapon? If not, can you use one?"
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 1:29 pm

"No I don't, but I imagine that if you could find one for me I could get the jist of it"
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:57 am

"Alas, unless I were to take time to prepare, I can offer no ranged aid."
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:39 am

"....hmmm, perhaps you could create some kind of distraction that could let me get close enough to them? If I could maybe blind them..."
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:14 am

She raises a eyebrow. "Blind them? How so?"
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:17 am

"I would assume he intends to hack their eyes out."
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:42 am

She shrugs. "If you or he wants to run right up to one of those things and start hacking at its eyes, go right on ahead. It'll probably make for a good distraction for the other two of us...For about five seconds, anyways."
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:52 am

"Unless you have a few hundred arrows tucked away in that pack, I think I'll pin my hopes on an enemy that can't see what it's hitting, personally."
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:54 am

"Well, we could wait till night fall and they are asleep"
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:55 am

Orga says, accidentally still signed in as Hiro.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:03 am

"No, I understand that. My point is merely that I, personally, would not wish to go anywhere near one of those things, let alone two. If this plan is to work, which it very well indeed may, we're hinging it on whoever is doing this actually being able to survive getting to their eyes and also striking them, then surviving getting to the eyes of the other one. I suppose I could try to hit their eyes from here, but as you said I dont have a few hundred arrows in my pack and I wouldn't pin our hopes at getting a lucky shot. But if you are willing to go through with this, then very well, I'll try to do what I can from here. As for waiting for them to sleep, that could be a bit risky. We'd still have to follow them, and if they bury themselves in the sand in order to sleep, then the wait'll have been for nothing."
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:17 am

Zak keeps quiet, not wanting to interfere too much with the discussion of tactics.
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:09 pm

"I imagine they wouldn't be able to bury themselves that deeply. More likely they'd leave the tops of themselves exposed. Just enough for me to get a good grip on them"
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Aquarius Posts : 1187

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 6:37 am

I sigh. "Perhaps the best thing for us to do is get atop them somehow, perhaps he" I say, pointing at the half orc, "and I could get atop them by flight, my Mr. McFeathers can distract them and you, madam, can shoot them in the eyes from a safe location." I offer.
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:59 am

Orga turned to face Zak and raised an eyebrow. "Mr. Mcfeathers...?"
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Aquarius Posts : 1187

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:13 am

"He... is my loyal mount!" I say, gesturing grandly. "He was brought to me when he was but an EGG and I have RAISED HIM to be the most ferrrrocious animal companion a paladin could dream of! He can also distract the enemy and carry me forth upon their tremendous backs!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arid Spark   Arid Spark - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arid Spark
Page 3 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next