I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Fires of Creation

Go down 
+2
Jeebus
Hiro
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

The Fires of Creation Empty
PostSubject: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:57 am

A idea I randomly thought up and decided was FAR too awesome not to be a game.

Setting:
You all live in a young world, only around 10 thousand years of age. But all nations recall the day which it was born- The day of Flames. Before that day, the Old Gods lived, each one mightier than any of their children now worshipped by the various races today.

Usa, the Fickle Goddess, whose ways, while most always noble, changed every four years

Russ, the Tyrant God, who left his people in poverty while he feasted and lived in wealth.

Ina, the Goddess of Production, a craftsman able to supply all of the others with the various things they needed or wanted in life.

Euro, the Conglomerate God, a benevolent entity with many champions, such as Franc, Germain, and many others

These gods usually got along fairly well with one another, though Usa and Russ had been known to enter periods of hostility with one another. But they were all more or less peaceful, until they had come together one day.
It was said that they'd come together in order to shape a new world, but no one could agree on how it should be. They still began, but they did things they other gods disagreed with. And then...They aimed the Bolts of Creation, the tools used to create the world, upon one another. These tools, with the power to unleash Creation's Flames to bring life or devastate all were used by the Gods against each other. And so, the Old Gods had slain one another, and their world laid broken and incomplete. But all was not yet lost, for before this had all occurred, the Old Gods had left their children within massive underground castles, and palaces, made to resist the aftermath of the Bolts of Creation. These people were mere mortals, but their leaders took charge, to finish their God's work. Because of their dedication, after their death they were ascended to Godhood themselves, though nowhere near as powerful as their predecessors. While the world had once lain scorched, barren, unfinished, because of their work it is now alive and well. The effects are still seen today-for before this, all mortals had been Human, but now the likes of Elves and Orcs are known-But it is, for the most part, in the past.
You are a adventurer, and had seen a job ad, apparently a Archaeologist in need of guards for his dig site. Apparently, he has found the site of a few artifacts of the Old Gods, and wishes to retrieve them, but needs guardedly help protect him and his workers. Seeing a good amount of pay for the job, you accepted and have just arrived at the site.

DO NOTE
-Arcane Magic Users must have a focus of some form, which must be a Artifact of the Old Gods. A staff or some such. This is because Arcane Magic was one of their mighty powers, which Mortals are not capable without drawing from these.
-Divine Magic Users, on the other hand, have artifacts of the New Gods. The main difference is that, unlike Arcane Magic, these artifacts CAN be made and produced, and are much more common than to Arcane Artifacts. This is because the very first of these were made by the New Gods themselves before they ascended, and the secrets to making them haven't been lost. However, the power of these spells is dependant on how much the mage believes in their god, and because the New Gods are less powerful, their magic tends to be used more for healing than outright damage or changing reality.
Possibly more stuff here if I think of new stuff, but that's the gist of it.
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:33 am

((I'm interested, may I ask what level we are?))
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:36 am

((Ohright, uh, Imma say 7 sounds fair))
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Aquarius Posts : 1187

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:45 am

Why did I know you'd say that, Hiro?
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:48 am

((Character made))
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:14 pm

Alright, I do believe that's everyone who's gonna join. Now, to set the stage...
"...I'm tellin' you, it was adorable as ya'd ever seen. I was jus' scavengin' some ruins, and it was right there! Didn't seem to notice me, so I crept closed to get a better look. Then, out've NOWHERE it turns right around and claws me in the face, right through my helmet! I ran right for may life!"Nameless Guard 2 says, before 8 'psh'-es and says,"2, for that last time, there's no such thing as a cat! Just a fairy tale made to give children their night terrors."
"No, its true, I saw it wit me own eye..."
You all find yourselves in the guard's room, having been dismissed early on accounts of 'it doesn't look like a raider-ey type of night' by the guy who hired you. He's...Just a bit eccentric(he calls you all Nameless Guard #, after all!), but the pays good and its true that there haven't been many bandit attacks in the area. Still, though, he's crazy as a illithid if he thinks he'll find anything out here, after a long week of nothing. The Guard's room is a small, but cozy common area where only you all(and, of course, any other guards) are allowed, giving you a moderate sort of privacy from the rest of the dig. It also leads to a small hallway, which in turn leads to all of your personal rooms(which are smaller and less cozy than this one, having space for a bunk and a chest for personal belongings). Within the room are you all and three of the other guards(8, 2, and 9), who are playing cards and telling old adventuring tales. You may or may not be involved in their game/storytelling.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:04 am

Tacos

Last edited by Zak on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton
I Had Dylan's Babies For Dinner!
I Had Dylan's Babies For Dinner!
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:38 am

Adam, who had been pretending to be asleep in a chair, opens his eyes and looks at Random Guard 8.
"What's a cat?" he asks.
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:53 am

"Creature of legend, from what I hear they're quite pleasant." I sit back aloof in a chair, one foot on the nearby table and stroking my familiar's head "Not that interesting unless you happen to be one of those nature types."
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:12 am

2 looks to the sorcerer and grunts, muttering,"Pleasant, right, tell that to me scars..." as 8 just shakes his head. "Doesn't matter, anyway. They're just myths. He probably got that in a fight with a baby lizardman wearing a fur cloak." at this, of course, 2simply glares at the chuckling 8, but continues playing the game regardless.
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:35 am

"Shame I have no idea what they look like, I could have possibly summoned one for you" I laugh a little "Of course, they are but legend." I smirk, still petting my familiar "Do tell me if you ever encounter any other strange things though, should be a laugh."
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:04 am

Adimafay'Launim, sat against the wall in silence, raises his head and looks at the others. He lowers his shades, and says, in a badass tone:
"Im Toltha Cath'Quessir."
(For anyone who speaks elven, that roughly translates as "I summon cats".)
^_^

Morana pulls her hood a little further over her face, trying not to be noticed.

And, from out in the corridor, there's a faint growl. Mayolin does not enjoy the mention of cats.
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:51 pm

Out of curiosity, is Mayolin (Whom I must insist on calling May from now on) a dog?
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Dire Wolf. So, a six foot tall dog with an attitude problem. =P
Although Mayolin (assuming the DM allows me to play her, rather than taking control himself), is actually a sweetheart, for the most part. She is like a big wolfy teddybear! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:23 am

Ah, but if any more animal companions come into play, they must be cats!
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:30 am

I don't think anyone apart from me and Jeebus are capable of having animal companions.
But I wasn't kidding when I said I can summon cats.
Well, by which, I mean, big cats.
Like, Lions. And tigers.
Three lions, and two tigers, each day.
To be precise.
Druids rock. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:39 am

If I were still using Sylvus I would say something along the lines of Lions and Tigers and Bears?! Oh My!
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:45 am

I sit there, by the guards, dealing into their card game quietly. They were easy to beat, soon I might just make enough money to buy something really valuable... Wait.. No, I'd just kill them and take their stuff. Yeah, that makes more sense, I think.
"Come on, boys, put something real in." I say, laughing heartily and putting my dagger into the pot.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:22 am

Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:31 am

Notice how Hiro hasn't posted anywhere since you posted it Nik. Patience. Hiro is spontaneous with his posting habits. He'll see it when he sees it. =P
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:05 am

I know, but with the new game more characters are being made, and I'm afraid of it getting buried.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Blah, sorry, kept thinking I'd already posted. Yer thing with the Dryads checks out, sorry about that. Feel free to join in. Same goes for anyone else who hasn't already.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:16 pm

Um, that's not what the link's to.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 6:59 am

Sorry, I hadn't noticed that topic when it was new. My apologies.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:36 am

"Aren't cats supposed to be... wimpy little creatures?" said a man in a navy cloak. His hood was down, but everything below the neck was covered.

Last edited by Thunderscreamer on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fires of Creation   The Fires of Creation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fires of Creation
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next