I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Era of Darkness

Go down 
+2
Trollface
Zak
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Aquarius Posts : 1187

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:44 am

The land of Lothien is vast and holds many a peoples. The land is widely varied and rich in resources for those who can find them. There is a problem, though, as the land is wracked with conflict. The large Hyste Empire has fallen into a brutal civil war over religion. As soldiers battle against their own, the outer layers of the Empire are falling to many a disturbing occurance. Beast, undead and mortal foes alike all via for the crumbling borders.
Core races ONLY
Core races have these aditional rules:
Gnomes are far and few between, most have been killed because they are both different and they their varying religious beliefs. As such, most Gnomes keep to themselves and have a -2 Charisma but a +2 Wisdom in addition to their other benefits.
Dwarves get a +1 to hit and on damage rolls with gunpowder weaponry, because they are rather instinctive about its workings. This comes at the expense of their affinity with stone, which only grants them a +1 rather then a +2 likes it normally would.
Elves on the other hand, get a +1 to all bow weapons because most have trained with them since early childhood and it is traditional to do so. They get +2 to all appraise, knowledge and other associated rolls having to do with Archery or bow craftsmanship.
Orcs are the most renowned armorsmiths in the world and they get a +2 to all appraise, knowledge and associated checks with armor. They also get a +1 to their AC while in medium or heavy armor.
Humans are the great negotiators of the world and thus get a +2 to all diplomacy, gather information, intimidate, appraise and sense motive checks.
No templates.

The religious war is about certain aspects of how to worship the one, omnipotent god that the mainstream religion in the empire worships.

You are in an outerlying city, Tael, a port and a trading centre for the entire Western section of the Empire. Why you are there is up to you, but at the moment you're outside, in an open square as a man is being taken away in chains to be executed via burning at the stake.

Last edited by Zak on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:49 am

Suddenly there is a clusterfuck of new campaigns! ^_^

Same as always, I'll draw up my character last to balance the party.
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:54 am

Character level is also 1
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:56 am

Templates/classes? Any rules on that?
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:58 am

They're in there but, no rules on classes except they have to be official. No homebrew. As for templates, you aren't allowed to have any from the beginning but you may gain some in the game as it progresses.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:17 pm

DANG! So many so fast.

Your lack of templates saddens me, and I will probably be rerolling Latra as level 1.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:57 am

Everyone can feel free to post now D:
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:57 am

Bellus watches curiously as the man is walked past.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:09 am

The crowd around is solemn, or ignores the man entirely. One merchant, advertising meat pies loudly behind you, yells something very loud and pretty much indescibable.
Roll reflex.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:11 am

Welp, there goes my three hitpoints! Fun campaign!
*Hates base level campaigns*

Reflex(+1):
Trollface carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:16 am

You duck just in time as a meat pie soars over your head and lands wetly on the back of the man's head.
The crowd slowly started to wake up, some more food was thrown at the man.
"What in the hell is the world coming to?" Asked a random passerby from around your elbow.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:17 am

Bellus nods his head in agreement.
"What's he supposed to have done?"
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:20 am

I stagger out of a bar, placing my hat back upon my head "Another lamb to the slaughter eh?" I note to no one in particular as I look upon the man being dragged away.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:22 am

The short, as usual, halfling female frowned and crossed her arms over her plated chest.
"He was the Duke of Tael. He went against the Orthodoxy and the inquisition arrested him for it. He's to be burned at the stake." She glances around at the riling crowd.

Jeebus! Roll reflex for your drunkeness!
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:23 am

Jeebus carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
+4
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:24 am

God dammit. Plated chest? She's a babysitter, isn't she. Now where's that insta-kill spell... =P

Bellus keeps his eye on the chained man.
"Yes, but what exactly was it he did? In what way did he go against the Orthodoxy?"
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:56 am

She shrugged. "I believe he wrote a religious argument and sent pamphlets around the city and to other dukes."

Jeebus, you manage to stagger around looking like a pirate who is not exactly out of place here. You do, however stumble into a guard who shoves you back with a snarl.
Back to top Go down
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton
I Had Dylan's Babies For Dinner!

Aries Dog

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:59 am

Vog watched the procession solemnly. While he did not know the mans crimes, he was certain they must have been deserving of his current punishment.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:00 am

Orga! Roll reflex!
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:02 am

Bellus sighed.
"Alas, such is the price of being an instigator. You start a fight with someone bigger than you, and that is what will happen."
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:04 am

Reflex
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
+2
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:05 am

"Might I ask, if I could be so bold, what that poor sod did to deserve a public floggin'?" I decide to ask the guard, swishy as a swagtastic man "And why it is we're all throwing what could be well cooked food in his general vicinity?"
Back to top Go down
Zak
Horse Eater
Horse Eater
Zak

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:11 am

Orga, you manage to do a cartwheel and dodge a flying pie from the same pie maker who threw some past Dylan. He glares at you and yells "Get out of the way! We want to e'shame the traita!"

The halfing shrugs. "Sometimes the price of change is the lives of many great men." She appears slightly nervous.

The guard sneers at you but answers. "The duke got in the way of the orthodoxy, made them mighty angry. He's paying the price for his insolence." He says in a stiff, foreign accent. "Same can happen to drunkards in this town."
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:14 am

Bellus nods, and lays a reasuring hand on the halfling's shoulder.
"Sometimes, people need a martyr to remind them they have a choice though. The dead speak surprisingly loudly."
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:17 am

"Wut exactly did 'e do?" Vog asks the man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Era of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of Darkness   Era of Darkness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Era of Darkness
Page 1 of 31Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next