I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Den of Terror

Go down 
+2
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton
Trollface
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

The Den of Terror - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:09 am

Suzy...Well...Continues to follow Wat and Mordecai while riding a giant(for a Kobold anyways) Undead reptile.
*HEY ORGA I THINK ITS YOUR TURN*
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:22 am

Fiiiiiiiiiine. I guess I can prompt you guys to roll Search for finding people. Unless, you know, you have a better plan than aimlessly searching the woods?
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
I Had Dylan's Babies For Dinner!

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:00 am

OOC:Dude, I'm following Jeebus, he's the one leading us. Yell at him

Wat keeps following the bard who's supposed to know where he's going.
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:35 am

"If you shout for your friends it may be best" I note to the two "It will improve chances of finding them."
I'll roll a search I guess

Jeebus carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
+2
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:38 am

You walk in circles for several hours, to no avail. You have a rough idea of where you are in comparison to the town, but not the faintest idea of where your companions went to.
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 5:07 am

Wat tries to search too

Search
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
+0
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 5:14 am

Wat still can't find his penis. =P

He also is completely and utterly lost.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 9:29 am

"Well if you used your sword instead of trying to smack them with your stick you wouldn't be in this mess!" Leilanad yelled back. Seriously. It's not like I've got my own pack of wolves to worry about!

He shoots one at his base, but made a mental not that he might have to haul Sher out of this mess.

Thunderscreamer carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
+3 TH

Thunderscreamer carried out 1 launched of one d8 :
A
Back to top Go down
Hiro
I Want Dylan's Babies!
I Want Dylan's Babies!

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 12:48 pm

Well...Might as well give it a shot...So help me, if I'M the one who ends up finding the place. . .

Search: +5
Hiro carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:37 am

See, I balanced that jumping around the basis that those wolves would maybe get up into the tree one at a time. I wasn't expecting them to all make it up at once. <<

Nik, your shot skims a wolves back, and it yelps in pain. A shock of red starts to form, staining its' pristine, dark grey fur.

Hiro, you recall roughly which way the town is, but you have no luck finding Nik and Zak.
I'll assume you all stuck together. I mean, I don't want you to get split up and lost, and then attack one of you with a pack of wolves. That would just be mean. =P

Oh god. I really don't know what I'm gonna do with Sher this round. Basically whatever he does, he can guarantee an AoO from at least two wolves. I guess the best thing he can do is probably to take defensive stance, have a -5 penalty to his hit chance, and gain +5 to AC. That would mean the wolves would need to crit to hit him, and he'd still have a pretty good chance to hit them. Guess that's what I'm doing then.

Sher stands in the most defensive position he can manage, and attempts to stab at one of the wolves with his spear.

Attack (-2)
Trollface carried out 1 launched of one d20 :

The two flanking wolves take an AoO.
Attack(+3)
Trollface carried out 2 launched of one d20 :
14 , 2

Unless I got distracted, there should be a post immediately after this to show what happened.
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:45 am

The wolf dodges, and neither of his friends manages to land a bite either. This fight is really going some place. =P

Aaaand, the wolves get to go again.

All three wolves continue trying to bite Sher. He reacts with an AoO to the same wolf he just tried to hit.

Wolves (+3)
Trollface carried out 3 launched of one d20 :
8 , 15 , 10

Sher (-2)

Meanwhile, the wolves continue to batter your tree Nik. Roll balance for me again, then take your turn.

Damage (+1)
Trollface carried out 3 launched of one d6 :
3 , 3 , 2
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:39 am

I shoot again, very frusturated at how little it's done.

TH
+4

Attack
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:40 am

I get good rolls and managed to misspell frustrated...
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:09 am

Make a balance check. Assuming you make it, the arrow hits. =P

And yeah, it can be like that sometimes. I've played about with the dice in private here, and they don't seem to be weighted at all... But, I mean, they seem to have a hella timing. Jeebus' first roll was a fumble, I've rolled three crits in games out of probably a couple of hundred rolls, wolves apparently have inherited Thri-kreen jumping abilities... the dice aren't weighted, just programmed with comic timing.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:28 am

Don't Fall, Don't fall, Don't Fall!

+3
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:41 am

You stumble, and for a moment you think you're going to fall, but manage to hold your footing. The arrow looses, and lands heavily in the wolf's side. It howls as cold steel peels through its' flesh, which quickly turns into a gurgle as blood fills its' mouth. It stands, choking on its' own blood for a moment before falling.

Aaaaaaaand, library's closing. Expect a continuation of this tomorrow guys. =D
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:41 am

See ya!

Leilanad feels he is gotten a fighting chance against the wolves on his tree. He's shot down half of the ones attacking him, and can afford to get his lousy backup out of trouble, so he shoots again, this time at the wolves attacking Sher.

+3 to hit

Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:41 am

+3
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:42 am

Balance, not willing to edit after that roll!
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:41 pm

I'll let you keep those rolls for your next turn. Don't forget, wolves and Sher both go between now and your next move. =P

That being said, they won't go right away, because I am gonna be very busy for the next couple of hours, and I don't wanna confuse myself with combat. I am easily confused. =P
Follow up post on its' way in the next couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:06 am

While we stupidly search, I get bored and decide to make pleasant conversation "So, I presume you are all an adventuring party? Or some sort of strange daycare system?" I ask Wat
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:13 am

^_^

I'd definitely say daycare centre, but probably for a different reason to what you were getting at. =P
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:31 pm

So apparently I decided to take a day off from thinking. That's just how I roll! Get used to it! =D
Heh, how I roll. It's funny, because dice.

Bleh. Now I have to do the big thinky bit again, don't I? This is so much easier when I do the mapping thing...

Sooooooo, first thing's first, wolves hold their action. That makes it Sher's move (which is totally not just for ease of remembering where everything happens =P ).
So Sher holds his defensive stance and continues with the stabity at the wolves. It's cheap, but hey, he's stuck in a tree, what else is he gonna do?
Sher attacks one wolf, giving the other two an AoO.

Sher (-2)

Wolves (+1)
Trollface carried out 2 launched of one d20 :
20 , 1

Meanwhile the wolves continue to attack the base of Leila's tree, and all three wolves attack Sher (and I just recalled that Sher doesn't actually get an AoO because he's flanked. Dammit).

Attack (+1)
8 , 13 , 19

Damage To Tree (+1)
20 , 2 , 14

Leilanad manages to keep his balance with ease and fires an arrow off at the wolves, and it lands with a mighty "thunt" in a branch two feet away.

Then things come full circle again! I guess I'll do that in a follow up post though, just incase something actually manages to hit (which I sincerely doubt).
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:37 pm

Oh, look at that, I pulled a Zak. One wolf crits, the other fumbles.

Aaaaaaand, those damage rolls should be d4, not d20. Let me re-roll that a second. =P
Trollface carried out 3 launched of one d4 :
3 , 4 , 4

Okay, so, back to the whole combat crap.

Sher makes no headway attacking the wolves as usual. The wolves, in reaction, lunge at him! The manages to land a bite, the other runs straight into its' friend, slips, and falls out of the tree. The world facepalms.

Bite damage (double damage, +1)
Trollface carried out 1 launched of one d6 :

Fall Damage
Trollface carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

None of the wolves manage to injure Sher on their own turn, and the one on the ground attempts to jump back into the tree.

Jump

Still following what's happening? No? Good! Me neither! Expect a follow-up post so I can finally get back round to Nik's next action...
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Okay, this is just not funny. I've rolled, maybe three crits on this forum ever... and I just doubled that in two posts. All on NPC rolls! Apparently these wolves went to ninja school. <<

The wolf bites Sher's arm deeply, he lets out a scream and blood starts to run down his arm. He is clearly seriously wounded (and he was very lucky too. He's down to three hitpoints, and that damage roll was really low).
The wolf that fell is barely affected by the fall, gets up, and jumps straight back on top of Sher, knocking him on his back. That's right. Immediately after fumbling, he rolls a crit. Immediately. God damned wolves. <<

The wolves hold their next action, and Sher chooses to try and push the wolf off from on top of him. Not wanting to hurt their already injured pack brother by mistake, the two wolves choose not to use their AoO. Sher manages to maintain his defensive stance while he does this (which... is kinda amusing. He is lying prone in a defensive position. I am assuming right now he's in the foetal position, trying to shoo the wolf on top of him).

Opposed grapple checks!

Sher(-2)

Wolf(+2)

So... I was expecting this to take two posts total. I guess it'll be four, maybe more. << Back in part four, with the thrilling conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Den of Terror
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next