I Wanna Cast a Spell...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Wanna Cast a Spell...

Tabletop RP forum of true awesomeness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Den of Terror

Go down 
+2
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton
Trollface
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

The Den of Terror - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Sher has no luck at pushing the wolf off from on top of him. Possibly a bad decision, but he really needs that AC buff right now.

Now the wolves go! I... I actually assumed that Sher would probably get some luck here... The wolves hold their action until after the one on top of him moves, and that wolf has to start the round with an opposed grapple in order to maintain the grapple. Soooooo... Grapple check again! <<

Sher (-2)
Trollface carried out 1 launched of one d20 :

Wolf (+2)

Now, hopefully there will be no more ninja wolf antics, and I can return in part five going "SherCanActuallyDoSomethingHooray!" <<
Back to top Go down
https://iwannacastaspell.forumotion.co.uk
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:55 pm

THANKFORNICATINGCHRISTFORTHAT!!!

Sher finally manages to lever the wolf off him with his spear, and stagger to his feet. The wolf falls back out of the tree. Yup, in two turns this wolf has gone from being in the tree to being on the ground to being in the tree on top of Sher to being back on the ground again.
Aaaaaaaand, the rest of the wolves go. The two still in the tree attack Sher, and the three on the ground attack Leilanad's tree.

Attack (+3)
Trollface carried out 2 launched of one d20 :
3 , 18

Damage To Tree (+1)
Trollface carried out 3 launched of one d4 :
4 , 1 , 2

Okay... Unless anything surprising happens, this should be the penultimate post...
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Yeah, Sher blocks the wolves with his spear with little problem. Leilanad, your tree is starting to get really shaky. You start to wonder if it was actually as sturdy as you first thought.
Oh, and that one wolf takes fall damage. I almost forgot.

Fall Damage
Trollface carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

Nik to move. Thank god. Please, don't make me do all this double posting again. I've given you all like... a page of reading to do. <<
Back to top Go down
I Had Dylan's Babies For Dinner!

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:17 am

"Yus. Oi think ware troyin ter kill a neck romancer or sumpin."I Wat informed the bard as he tried to once again to search for friend and the elf.

Search
Sir Orgadude of Awesomton carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
+0
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:32 am

You continue to search aimlessly. Through the forest which you know for a fact is at least two miles deep. I'm fairly certain I'm gonna have to bring in the Third Try Success rule on this, aren't I?

Funnily enough, I had the exact same conversation with Orga about this campaign as you seem to be having now. This isn't a case that IC he wasn't listening... He genuinely has no idea what they're supposed to be doing. Which is actually probably why you're all out playing Hide and go Seek in the woods while your healer is asleep and your rogue and ranger are getting their asses beat.
I'm having one of those days again. One of those days where I look at the way you guys play and want to bash my own brains out with a sign that says just go back to the gypsie camp and ask someone for directions god damn it it's really not that difficult this wasn't even supposed to be a challenge seriously guys I'm not even trying to be subtle anymore just stop wandering around this forest aimlessly.
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:46 am

"Let's keep searching these woods you guys!" "Maibe we shud jus go ask someone fer directions" Wat says, as he turns around begins to head for the gypsy camp.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:03 am

Wait, I thought there were only 2 wolves attacking the tree!

Leilanad felt the tree shack and for the first time, he felt the tree might be unsafe. Leilanad knew it wouldn't be good if he fell with the tree, so he decided to rethink his strategy. Leilanad put away his bow, and he pulled out his shortsword. Here goes nothing, he thought as he jumped out of the tree his sword in a downward position as to impale a wolf. Impaling it would be good unless he got bitten by his freinds. But hey, maybe the wolves have worn their teeth down on the tree?

Jump
Thunderscreamer carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
+8

Damage
Thunderscreamer carried out 1 launched of one d6 :
x9.8 (acceleration of gravity)

Short Sword [1d6, crit 19-20/x2, 1 lb, light, piercing]
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:13 am

"That would be best" I note Wat's words "Shame, I thought we may have been capable of finding them."
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:34 am

"Oi did two!" Wat said, as he trudged through the woods. "I just hope my friend isn't in trouble"
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:47 pm

"I'm sure they're fine" I reassure the big guy and start heading back to town
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:19 pm

Sorry Nik, forgot you killed one. Look at that memory!
Just ignore the largest damage roll in each instance. =P

Nice try on the damage multiplier. If you hit, I'll give you an extra d10 for the damage you inflict (standard fall damage =P ). You still have to roll to hit though. No AoO since they effectively don't have time to react. ^_^

@The other three. You walk back to where you recall the town being (with Orga following, since he has very little recollection of where you went). Eventually you make it back to the gypsie camp, and find it bustling with a few more people than before. Seems most of them are done drinking for the minute, and decided to come out for a while.
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:58 am

Wat walks up to the that looks the most in charge, namely, the one with the largest beard and moustache. "Oi yew! 've yew seen a humie an a alef pass boi 'ere? Or maibe a gui wid a funny aksent?"
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:03 am

The man looks at you blankly for a moment, then at your two friends.
"Could one of you translate that into common for me?"
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:08 am

Sense motive I guess, I personally barely understood that one

Jeebus carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
+3
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:12 am

You are fairly sure he wants to know where his party are. One is apparently an elf, one is a human, and one has a weird accent.
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
I Love Dylan!
I Love Dylan!

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:15 am

I interpret thus in a manly fashion "He's asking about his friends, the party he was with. One was a human, another an elf and another with a "funny accent". I'm fairly sure that two of them went into the forest. If you could give us directions to their area that would be great"
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:23 am

I was thinking my jump be a to hit but alright

To hit
Thunderscreamer carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
+3

Gravity Bonus
Thunderscreamer carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

+4 Weapon Finesse wherever that goes.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:23 am

OH YEAH!
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:29 am

"Oi!, whaddya think oi'm spakin? Gioant?" Wat sasy in outrage at the gypsy's lack of understanding his perfectly normal speaking voice. He then nods his head in agreement with the Bard's 'translation'.
Back to top Go down
Thunderscreamer
Dylan Ate My Babies!
Thunderscreamer

Aries Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:32 am

Can a lady in the back stand up and say, "Excuse me, I speak jive."
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:35 am

Good gods people. He doesn't speak jive. He speaks common with a 40K ork accent. You know like, "NEVAR ENUFF DAKKA!" Or "GET AWF MOI SHIP, SPESS MARINE!" is it really that hard to understand?
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:41 am

The gypsie nods.
"You were with the guy looking for The Den, right? I can draw you up a map to it, if you want, I think that's where he was headed out to. And, your cleric friend is sleeping in one of the caravans."

Nik:
You own that sonovabitch. ^_^

You land on the wolf's back and your sword goes through its' neck easily. There's a crunch of bones and and slight whining, as the wolf collapes under you. You feel a faint, warm splatter of blood in your face. The wolf in front of you looks absolutely terrified.

Zak, meanwhile, continues his defensive strategy.
"That was needlessly flash. But... effective, I have to admit."
And he goes back to stabbity at the wolves. Who get AoOs. And then do a bunch of stuff. God damn, why does this have to be so much work? From now on, you are fighting single enemies. Maybe not even that! =P

Zak-attack (-2)

Wolves
AoO (+3)
Trollface carried out 2 launched of one d20 :
18 , 4

Then the wolves get to go. Three of them attack Zak, and the one facing Nik backs up so its' just below Zak's tree, but keeps facing Nik, growling.

Wolves (+3)
Trollface carried out 3 launched of one d20 :
16 , 8 , 14
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:41 am

Yeah, so, basically no-one hits anything. Zak sure has a thrilling fight going on up there. =P
Back to top Go down

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:45 am

"That'd be grate"
Back to top Go down
Trollface
Swiftyuki was here.
Swiftyuki was here.
Trollface

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:47 am

He fetches some parchment and sketches you up a new map. It's rough, and not as nice as the old one, but it'll probably do.
"How's this?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Den of Terror   The Den of Terror - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Den of Terror
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next